Author Topic: NYC Mayor Says Migrants Can Help Lifeguard Shortage Because They’re ‘Excellent Swimmers’  (Read 138 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Mayor Says Migrants Can Help Lifeguard Shortage Because They’re ‘Excellent Swimmers’

JASON HOPKINS CONTRIBUTOR
May 14, 2024 4:35 PM ET

New York City Mayor Eric Adams appeared to suggest Tuesday that migrants could solve the city’s lifeguard shortage because they need work and are adept in the water.

“How do we have a large body of people that are in our city, our country, that are excellent swimmers and at the same time we need lifeguards — and the only obstacle is that we won’t give them the right to work to become a lifeguard,” Adams said during a City Hall briefing regarding lifeguard staffing at New York City’s pools and beaches. The comments were made as the city deals with both a lifeguard shortage and a substantial migrant crisis.

“That just doesn’t make sense,” the Democratic mayor continued.

For months, local reports have highlighted the lifeguard shortage plaguing New York City, forcing the government to ease up on qualifying metrics for applicants.

Adams went into further detail on his idea to fix the city’s staffing issue.

WATCH:

https://dailycaller.com/2024/05/14/n...lent-swimmers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And they're good at growing and picking food too!  :smokin:  wink777
The Republic is lost.