Author Topic: Biden proposes two debates with Trump in June and September  (Read 1697 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden proposes two debates with Trump in June and September
by Brett Samuels - 05/15/24 8:26 AM ET

President Biden’s campaign on Wednesday proposed two debates with former President Trump, bucking the Commission on Presidential Debates and potentially setting the stage for a face-off as soon as next month.

The Biden campaign called for the first debate to take place in late June, after Biden returns from the Group of Seven (G-7) Summit in Europe and after Trump’s hush money trial in New York will likely have concluded.

The campaign suggested a second debate in September ahead of the start of early voting in many states, as well as a vice presidential debate in late July after the Republican National Convention.

“As Donald Trump has said he will debate ‘anytime, anywhere,’ we hope both campaigns can quickly accept broadcast media debate invitations on the parameters above,” Biden campaign chair Jen O’Malley Dillon wrote in a letter to the commission on Wednesday. “Americans need a debate on the issues – not a tedious debate about debates.”

The Biden campaign said it would work directly with news organizations to set up the debates, spurring the Commission on Presidential Debates, which has facilitated the debates between presidential candidates since 1988. O’Malley Dillon in her letter suggested outlets that hosted GOP primary debates in 2016 and Democratic primary debates in 2020 to avoid any notion of bias.

Trump, who has repeatedly questioned Biden’s mental acuity and ability to do the job, said Wednesday he would accept the terms proposed by the Biden campaign.

“I am Ready and Willing to Debate Crooked Joe at the two proposed times in June and September,” Trump posted on Truth Social. “I would strongly recommend more than two debates and, for excitement purposes, a very large venue, although Biden is supposedly afraid of crowds – That’s only because he doesn’t get them. Just tell me when, I’ll be there. ‘Let’s get ready to Rumble!!!’”

Negotiations directly between the two campaigns could also keep independent and third-party candidates, most notably Robert F. Kennedy Jr., from joining Biden and Trump on the debate stage.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4664880-joe-biden-two-debates-donald-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden proposes two debates with Trump in June and September
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 02:05:07 pm »
Biden Challenges Trump To Audience-Free Debates On His Friendliest Networks

Reagan Reese
White House Correspondent
May 15, 2024 9:23 AM ET
Font Size:

President Joe Biden proposed two dates to debate former President Donald Trump Wednesday morning, with a list of guardrails including no live audience, according to The New York Times.

Biden suggested that Trump and himself face off in two televised debates, one in June and one in September, though the president said he will not participate in an event put on by the Commission on Presidential Debates, according to the NYT. The president also said he did not want to debate in front of a live audience, rather his team wants the debates held in a television studio to avoid the reaction from in-person viewers.

“Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020. Since then, he hasn’t shown up for a debate. Now he’s acting like he wants to debate me again. Well, make my day, pal, I’ll even do it twice,” Biden said in a Wednesday debate message.

“So let’s pick dates Donald, I hear you’re free Wednesdays,” the president continued, alluding to Trump’s court appearances.

As a part of their debate dates proposal Biden also only wants networks that hosted the 2016 Republican primary debates and the 2020 Democratic primary debates in 2020, the NYT reported. Those networks include CNN, ABC News, Telemundo and CBS News.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2024/05/15/biden-challenges-trump-debate-networks/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 02:18:36 pm »
Pedo Joe specifically and emphatically made sure he didn't include Newsmax or Fox.

Remember how the low classed MSM moderator made sure that the Hunter Biden issue was skipped?  Expect more of the same.

The fix is still in,  and Trump will take it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 02:21:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2024, 02:31:51 pm »
Glorious?

Let's say what Trump says when he finds out the single (singular) moderator is Jorge' Snuffynoffonous.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2024, 04:35:23 pm »
Biden on 2nd debate with Trump: ‘I’ll bring my plane … I plan on keeping it for another four years’
by Brett Samuels - 05/15/24 12:12 PM ET

President Biden and former President Trump on Thursday agreed to hold a second debate, on Sept. 10 hosted by ABC News.

The two candidates had already accepted an invitation to attend a CNN debate on June 27, and both confirmed on social media they planned to attend the ABC debate in September.

I’ve also received and accepted an invitation to a debate hosted by ABC on Tuesday, September 10th,” Biden posted on X. “Trump says he’ll arrange his own transportation. I’ll bring my plane, too. I plan on keeping it for another four years.”

Biden, of course, is referring to the presidential jet, Air Force One.

“It is my great honor to accept the CNN Debate against Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST PRESIDENT in the History of the United States and a true Threat to Democracy, on June 27th,” Trump posted on Truth Social. “Likewise, I accept the ABC News Debate against Crooked Joe on September 10th.”

It marked a whirlwind few hours that started with Biden’s campaign publicly proposing two debates in June and September and ended with both candidates agreeing to a date and host.

ABC News had planned to host a GOP primary debate in New Hampshire, but it was canceled after Trump and Nikki Haley said they would not attend. Martha Raddatz of ABC co-moderated one of the 2016 presidential debates; the network did not host a debate in 2020.

The Biden campaign earlier Wednesday called for two presidential debates, one in June and one in September, going around the Commission on Presidential Debates, the organization that has arranged the showdowns dating back to 1988.

Biden campaign chair Jen O’Malley Dillon suggested working with outlets that hosted GOP primary debates in 2016 and Democratic primary debates in 2020 to avoid any perceptions of bias.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4665549-biden-trump-2nd-debate-bring-my-plane/
Support the USO

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2024, 04:43:58 pm »
I would imagine they would be done remotely, in case Biden goes off the rails (or railing).

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2024, 04:44:04 pm »
Joe Concha
@JoeConchaTV
·
2h
Reportedly the moderators can only be from CBS News, ABC News, CNN, or Telemundo.

Ask yourself why Biden would limit the choices to those four outlets that are overwhelmingly biased?
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 04:48:55 pm »
Joe Concha
@JoeConchaTV
·
2h
Reportedly the moderators can only be from CBS News, ABC News, CNN, or Telemundo.

Ask yourself why Biden would limit the choices to those four outlets that are overwhelmingly biased?

Also ask yourself why Trump would agree to this format with all the limitations.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 04:53:58 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2024, 05:29:15 pm »
This will be great.  Think of it as a Max Headroom debate.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2024, 05:46:13 pm »
Pelosi: I Would Never Recommend Biden Go on Stage with Trump

Representative Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said Wednesday on CNN’s “Inside Politics” that she would recommend against President Joe Biden debating former President Donald Trump.

Political analyst Nia-Malika Henderson said, “Donald Trump is going to throw everything at the wall.”

Host Dana Bash said, “Well, on that note, I want you guys to listen to what Nancy Pelosi told our Manu Raju, after hearing about these debates.”

On Capitol Hill, Pelosi said, “I myself would never recommend going on with stage with Donald Trump, but the president has it is decided that’s what he wants to do. I think format he has suggesting is a good one.”

Pelosi added, “I think you all should have separate town hall meetings with them, let them challenge them with questions about the future and let the public make its decision.”

Bash said, “As you were saying.”

Henderson said, “Yeah, no, I think that’s right. That idea of do you sort of elevate Trump? Do you give a platform to his many, many lies about everything by debating him?”

National affairs correspondent Jeff Zeleny said, “I asked an aide about that. Like isn’t this risky? They’re like, not debating is even riskier because it looks like he’s hiding out. It looks like he’s not up to it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/05/15/pelosi-i-would-never-recommend-biden-go-on-stage-with-trump/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2024, 05:47:27 pm »
Trump Campaign Challenges Biden to ‘One Debate Per Month’

The Trump campaign challenged President Joe Biden to “one debate per month” for June-September, which it says will allow voters to “have maximum exposure to the records and future visions of each candidate.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/15/trump-campaign-challenges-biden-one-debate-per-month/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2024, 05:48:15 pm »
Mollie
@MZHemingway
Trump should demand that nobody he debates be allowed to use an earpiece, including the Democrat moderators.
It would genuinely make the debate more fair and more interesting.
1:08 PM · May 15, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2024, 05:50:18 pm »
Mollie
@MZHemingway
Trump should demand that nobody he debates be allowed to use an earpiece, including the Democrat moderators.
It would genuinely make the debate more fair and more interesting.
1:08 PM · May 15, 2024

What about his brain chip implant?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2024, 05:56:25 pm »
Republicans mock Biden for debate video edits and question fitness to face Trump
By
Cami Mondeaux
May 15, 2024 11:54 am

Republican lawmakers are calling into question President Joe Biden’s mental acuity after he accepted an invitation to debate former President Donald Trump, suggesting the incumbent president will be unable to form coherent arguments onstage in front of an audience.

Biden challenged Trump to accept the debates in a video posted on X on Wednesday morning, claiming the former president “lost two debates to me” when they first ran against each other in 2020. However, many Republicans ripped into the 14-second video for its edits, which critics said prove Biden won’t be able to perform in a high-stakes debate.

“Biden’s video has 5 cuts in 13 seconds,” Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) said in a post on X. “What will Biden do in a debate when his many handlers can’t edit and splice his sentences together[?]”

The Trump campaign also criticized the video, calling it a “total disaster.”

“In a super short 14 second video, the Biden campaign needed to do 5 jump cuts because Crooked Joe couldn’t deliver a clean reading,” Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said in a post on X.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/3004658/republicans-mock-biden-trump-debate-video-mental-fitness/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2024, 05:59:56 pm »
Four reasons Biden wants to control debate rules
By
Jack Birle
May 15, 2024 11:25 am

President Joe Biden agreed to debates with former President Donald Trump ahead of their rematch in November, but the president rejected proposals from the traditional debate commission in favor of writing his own rules.

The Commission on Presidential Debates has organized debates for the leading presidential candidates ahead of general elections since the 1988 election between George H.W. Bush and Michael Dukakis.

Jen O’Malley Dillon, Biden campaign chairwoman, outlined in a letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates why the president is refusing to go along with its proposed rules, arguing they are “out of step with changes in the structure of our elections and the interests of voters.”

Here are the Biden campaign’s main points for why it wants a different structure for the debates against Trump.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/presidential/3004508/three-reasons-biden-wants-control-debate-rules/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2024, 06:05:22 pm »
CNN: Biden's campaign has been in freefall for "WEEKS" as they scurried to respond to President Trump's debate challenge — desperately clinging to ANYTHING that might distract from Biden's failures

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1790803319239139591

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2024, 06:08:31 pm »
No diaper change mid debate?

http://twitter.com/kylenabecker/status/1790782486038945869

Interesting that it only says Trump's mic is muted when Biden is speaking.  Is Biden allowed to interrupt Trump at will?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2024, 07:11:57 pm »
This is all nonsense. Biden will never debate Trump.
Biden has enough trouble just standing up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2024, 07:14:52 pm »
This is all nonsense. Biden will never debate Trump.
Biden has enough trouble just standing up.

I am guessing they are going to take those two days to jack him up like for the SOTU address.   Plus rig it with a biased moderator, and rules?  I can see them pulling it off.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2024, 07:16:33 pm »
Interesting that it only says Trump's mic is muted when Biden is speaking.  Is Biden allowed to interrupt Trump at will?
They probably will shut off Trump's mic even when he's supposed to be the one answering the question.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2024, 07:18:56 pm »
They probably will shut off Trump's mic even when he's supposed to be the one answering the question.

There are a 1000 diff ways Trump can be f'ed with technically at a debate from sound, video, light, angles, etc.

Pedo Joe wouldn't have agreed, if there wasn't some kind of contingency plan to win.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2024, 08:56:30 pm »
Well, at least Biden is willing to debate Trump Even if he can’t put together more than two or three sentences

That is still more than Trump was willing to do in the GOP primary
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy