Author Topic: Winter Without Your Gasoline Car?  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Winter Without Your Gasoline Car?
« on: May 15, 2024, 11:15:40 am »
Winter Without Your Gasoline Car?
By Steve Goreham -- May 15, 2024

“In addition to the poor driving range and higher purchase price that comes with an EV, owners of cars in northern states will soon be forced to contend with poor performance in cold weather. Federal and state officials should reconsider their efforts to ban gasoline vehicles.”

January of this year brought near-zero temperatures to Chicago and other northern cites, producing an electric vehicle (EV) charging nightmare. National media showed images of owners pushing dead EVs around charging stations and waiting for hours to try to charge their vehicle. Drivers lucky enough to connect to a charger sat in their freezing-cold automobile, unable to run the heater while the car tried to charge. Nevertheless, the federal government and many states continue to push to eliminate gasoline vehicles.

On March 20, 2024, the Environmental Protection Agency announced a final rule, Multi-Pollution Emissions Standards for light vehicles sold in model years 2027 to 2032. The rule includes restrictions on the amount of carbon dioxide that can be emitted per mile, restrictions which most gasoline cars will be unable to meet. The goal of the rule is to force manufacturers to produce EVs for up to 56% of new light vehicle purchases by 2032.

https://www.masterresource.org/electric-vehicles/winter-evs/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 11:16:41 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Re: Winter Without Your Gasoline Car?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 07:15:09 pm »
Insane

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 07:19:23 pm »
Insane

There's a lot of that going around...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 07:38:49 pm »
I have been saying this all along. Deathtraps at high latitudes.

Now just sit in the cold and just drift into hypothermic sleep, even as the car is charging...just never wake up to turn the heat back on.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 07:39:44 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2024, 08:11:06 pm »
I have been saying this all along. Deathtraps at high latitudes.

Now just sit in the cold and just drift into hypothermic sleep, even as the car is charging...just never wake up to turn the heat back on.

Well, "they" say freezing to death is painless... :shrug: :shrug: