Author Topic: Army Rethinks Survivability for Tactical Wheeled Vehicles  (Read 78 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Rethinks Survivability for Tactical Wheeled Vehicles
« on: May 12, 2024, 04:45:39 pm »
Army Rethinks Survivability for Tactical Wheeled Vehicles
5/10/2024
By Stew Magnuson   

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — Brig. Gen. Beth Behn, the Army’s chief of transportation, spent a large chunk of 2023 in eastern Ukraine observing the ongoing war there before taking over her current role.

What she saw changed her thinking about the some 200,000 tactical wheeled vehicles her command employs to move soldiers and supplies on battlefields.

“I came back from Ukraine with my hair on fire to modernize our doctrine, our training and, of course, our equipment,” she said at the National Defense Industrial Association’s annual Tactical Wheeled Vehicles Conference held recently on the outskirts of Charlotte, North Carolina.

Her main takeaway: what the Army has been predicting as the battlefield of 2030 is here and now in Ukraine.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2024/5/10/army-rethinks-survivability-for-tactical-wheeled-vehicles
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson