Author Topic: Top 10 lobbying spenders on energy, the environment  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Top 10 lobbying spenders on energy, the environment
« on: May 12, 2024, 11:50:00 am »
Top 10 lobbying spenders on energy, the environment
By Timothy Cama | 01/27/2023 06:42 AM EST

The Inflation Reduction Act helped drive lobbying spending increases.

This story was updated at 9:30 a.m. EST.

The biggest climate bill in U.S. history helped fuel heavy lobbying from chemical, oil and electric utility companies.

Records disclosed to Congress in recent days showed that the American Chemistry Council came out on top, spending $19.8 million. That’s a 19 percent increase over 2021.

The combined spending of three petroleum interests far outpaced that figure, however. Occidental Petroleum Corp., ConocoPhillips Co. and Exxon Mobil Corp. combined for a whopping $27.2 million in spending in 2022, a 23 percent increase over 2021.

It was a busy year for many industries, headlined by the Inflation Reduction Act, which includes $369 billion in climate change and energy spending.

https://www.eenews.net/articles/top-10-lobbying-spenders-on-energy-the-environment/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Top 10 lobbying spenders on energy, the environment
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 11:50:53 am »
That much money and honesty do not go hand in hand. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson