Author Topic: Marines to Fortify Air Defense with State-of-the-Art Mobile Systems by 2025  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marines to Fortify Air Defense with State-of-the-Art Mobile Systems by 2025
Story by Jade Harper • 3h •

As the sun sets on the Patriot air defense system’s tenure in Israel, the U.S. Marine Corps announces the dawn of a new era in mobile air defense capabilities, eyeing a 2025 fielding of groundbreaking systems that promise enhanced protection and agility for operations, especially in the critical Indo-Pacific region.

At the Modern Day Marine expo, the Corps shed light on its strategic push towards littoral operations, spearheading an effort to field three sophisticated, ground-based air defense systems. These include the Medium-Range Intercept Capability (MRIC), the Marine Air Defense Integrated System (MADIS), and its lighter variant, Light MADIS.

The MRIC, leveraging Israel’s renowned Iron Dome technology, is set to fortify the Marines against higher-end threats such as cruise missiles and larger drones. The mobile system integrates a truck-mounted Iron Dome launcher with Tamir interceptors, coupled with a Common Aviation Command-and-Control System (CAC2S) and a Ground/Air Task Oriented Radar (G/ATOR).

“We are on track from a programmatic standpoint — cost, schedule performance — but we’re always gonna be late to need. … That’s not anything that we’re doing from a program office standpoint, that’s essentially derived from the threat. The threat is ever-changing and ever-evolving,” stated Col. Andrew Konicki, the program manager for Ground Based Air Defense.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/marines-to-fortify-air-defense-with-state-of-the-art-mobile-systems-by-2025/ar-BB1mc9Mj?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=e186ac99b1474df29b2cd55a7af7358a&ei=75
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The way things work in today's military, it won't be ready until at least 2030. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson