Author Topic: Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC  (Read 88376 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC
« Reply #1025 on: May 16, 2024, 04:37:40 pm »
Defense presses Cohen on whether he wanted to work in White House

Blanche repeatedly asked Cohen whether he hoped he would be offered a position in the White House once Trump took office in 2017.

Blanche asked Cohen twice whether he “really wanted” to work in the White House, to which Cohen responded “no sir.’

“You hoped that you would be named the White House chief of staff, not just be considered, but be named the White House chief of staff?” Blanche said.

“No, sir,” Cohen responded.

— Lauren Sforza

11:59 AM
MAY 16, 2024
-
RRAHMAN
Cohen's cross-examination stays away from hush money deals

Most of Trump attorney Todd Blanche’s cross-examination has comprised him bringing up instances where he believes Cohen has lied over the years.

But Blanche has not asked Cohen any questions today so far about the hush money deals or the alleged reimbursement scheme at the center of Trump’s case.

— Zach Schonfeld
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1026 on: May 16, 2024, 04:40:03 pm »
Cohen admits sending lawyer fake legal cases in bid to end sentence early

Cohen, a disbarred attorney, just admitted that he sent his lawyer fake legal decisions generated by an AI tool as part of his bid to get off supervised release early in his Manhattan federal case.

Cohen claimed Thursday that he found the phony cases after using a "Google AI" tool that "created a whole bunch of phantom results because AI wants to please the user."

He then handed them to his lawyer, who included the fake rulings as fake "legal precedent" for why Cohen should be released early.

“The three cases that you gave to your lawyer were not real cases correct?" Todd Blanche asked him.

“Correct,” Cohen replied.

Cohen was busted for this late last year, and admitted that he had done it in a federal court filing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1027 on: May 16, 2024, 04:47:02 pm »

A pro-Trump demonstrator released nearly 100 penis-shaped balloons with the faces of Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg, Judge Merchan and other foes of the ex-president on them outside the NYC courthouse.

Other balloons feature images of Jack Smith who brought charges against Trump in his federal election interference and mishandling of classified documents cases.

It is unclear who released the balloons at this time.

https://twitter.com/LibbeyDean_/status/1791143992668598678
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 04:47:57 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1028 on: May 16, 2024, 04:54:05 pm »
Gaetz and Bobert?  Shit, why didn't MTG just show up and call it the 3 stooges.

Trump needs to have sane GOP folks like Johnson, Cruz, RDS, et.al  show up to this trial for support, rather than the fringe.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1029 on: May 16, 2024, 04:58:38 pm »
Congressmen and women outside the Courtroom.  There are two Reps from AZ in the group.

I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1030 on: May 16, 2024, 05:13:59 pm »
Court takes lunch break

"We'll see you at 2:15 p.m.," says the judge.

(I have been excerpting from the New York Post.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1031 on: May 16, 2024, 05:20:29 pm »
Court takes lunch break

"We'll see you at 2:15 p.m.," says the judge.

(I have been excerpting from the New York Post.)

You and Nancy have done a great job keeping us posted.  Thanks.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1032 on: May 16, 2024, 05:22:33 pm »
You and Nancy have done a great job keeping us posted.  Thanks.....

The pleasure is mine!
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1033 on: May 16, 2024, 05:36:23 pm »
Gaetz and Bobert?  Shit, why didn't MTG just show up and call it the 3 stooges.

Trump needs to have sane GOP folks like Johnson, Cruz, RDS, et.al  show up to this trial for support, rather than the fringe.
Byron Donalds has shown up to support him...I don't cosinder him "fringe".

Cruz showing up in support of Trump???  He's fighting for his seat and he's already been ridiculed and mocked for supporting Trump because of how Trump beat up his character, ridiculed his wife and called his father an assassin.  Cruz has publicly commented in his defense recently and has been met with ridicule. 

Trump attacked DeSantis in much the same way, he has stated that he will campaign for Trump, but .... that has also been met with some reservations by his supporters.

Trump has created much of his own problems.  No, I don't think this court circus is warranted, but neither was Trump's character assassination of Cruz and DeSantis.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1034 on: May 16, 2024, 05:40:17 pm »
I know we have a few lawyers here.  Any predictions yet?

From my vantage point, here is my guess......

1. Trump is found guilty with 12 biased NY jurors coming to agreement.
2. Biden watches polling, and if the verdict hurts Trump, I predict that he under advise of counsel is told not to debate a convicted felon.
3.  If there isn't any polling that hurt DJT, Biden bows out due to health reasons.

I might be totally wrong on this, but any other thoughts/predicitons?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1035 on: May 16, 2024, 05:43:23 pm »
Byron Donalds has shown up to support him...I don't cosinder him "fringe".

Cruz showing up in support of Trump???  He's fighting for his seat and he's already been ridiculed and mocked for supporting Trump because of how Trump beat up his character, ridiculed his wife and called his father an assassin.  Cruz has publicly commented in his defense recently and has been met with ridicule. 

Trump attacked DeSantis in much the same way, he has stated that he will campaign for Trump, but .... that has also been met with some reservations by his supporters.

Trump has created much of his own problems.  No, I don't think this court circus is warranted, but neither was Trump's character assassination of Cruz and DeSantis.

No argument from me on the interpersonal concerns you bring up, and I know you are well aware that I am not a Trump fan.  But, from the nose holding perspective, I think we are at the "circle the wagon" phase, no matter how big a POS Trump is.   We can not survive 4 more years of Pedo Joe.

In any case, my negative comments were just directed towards Bobert and Gaetz

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1036 on: May 16, 2024, 06:51:13 pm »
I know we have a few lawyers here.  Any predictions yet?

From my vantage point, here is my guess......

1. Trump is found guilty with 12 biased NY jurors coming to agreement.
2. Biden watches polling, and if the verdict hurts Trump, I predict that he under advise of counsel is told not to debate a convicted felon.
3.  If there isn't any polling that hurt DJT, Biden bows out due to health reasons.

I might be totally wrong on this, but any other thoughts/predicitons?

I'm not a lawyer but my guess is that the best we can expect from this bunch is a hung jury.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1037 on: May 16, 2024, 06:53:47 pm »
I'm not a lawyer but my guess is that the best we can expect from this bunch is a hung jury.

Agree.  But as easy as dims are able to rig elections, rigging juries should be a cakewalk.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1038 on: May 16, 2024, 06:59:52 pm »
Trump lawyer claims Cohen was actually whining about teen prankster when he said he was speaking to ex-prez about Stormy Daniels payoff
By Tamar Lapin

In a heated back-and-forth before the lunch break, Donald Trump lawyer Todd Blanche tried to get Michael Cohen to admit that he lied when he claimed he spoke to the ex-president about the Stormy Daniels payment -- arguing that Cohen was actually busy complaining about a teenage prankster.

Blanche said Cohen's claim was a lie because at the time, Cohen was actually speaking to Trump bodyguard Keith Schiller "about getting harassing phone calls from a 14-year-old.”

“Part of it was about the phone calls, but I knew that Keith was with Mr. Trump at the time, and it was more than potentially just this,” Cohen responded.
Sketch of Michael Cohen being cross-examined by defense lawyer Todd Blanche in courtroom during Donald Trump's trialSketch of Michael Cohen being cross-examined by defense lawyer Todd Blanche in courtroom during Donald Trump's trial. REUTERS

His voice growing louder, Blanche countered: “You had enough time in that 1 minute and 36 seconds to update Mr. Schiller about all the problems you were having with this harassing phone call and also update President Trump on the status of the Stormy Daniels situation?”

Cohen said he believed he was telling the truth about the conversation, but the phone logs and records showed by Blanche refreshed his memory.

“Yes, I believe I was telling the truth," he testified.

“We are not asking for your belief," Blanche shot back even more loudly. "This jury does not want to hear what you think happened."

With Post wires
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1039 on: May 16, 2024, 07:00:24 pm »
Character matters....

Thanks for another three-ring circus and destruction of any high ground claimed by the right in politics. - American Leftists

Wish I had never heard of Donald Trump.

You may now return to your daily soap opera.... As the Donald Turns....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1040 on: May 16, 2024, 07:02:05 pm »
I DIDNT DO IT': Texts between Cohen, 14-year-old prankster shown to jurors
By Kyle Schnitzer

Text messages between Michael Cohen and a 14-year-old prank caller were shown to the jury — where Cohen said he called the Secret Service on the kid, who begged for mercy.

“I DIDNT DO IT,” says a text message from the teen on October 24, 2016.

“Im 14,” another text reads. “Please… don’t….do this.”
Defense attorney Todd Blanche making a swearing-in hand gesture during cross-examination of Michael Cohen, with Donald Trump and Judge Juan Merchan in courtroomDefense attorney Todd Blanche making a swearing-in hand gesture during cross-examination of Michael Cohen, with Donald Trump and Judge Juan Merchan in courtroom. AP

Cohen sent the first text to the number notifying them that he had reported the “ongoing and continuous harassment” to the Secret Service.

“This number has just been sent to Secret Service for your ongoing and continuous harassment to both my cell as well as the organization’s main line,” Cohen wrote in a message.

When the prankster said that it wasn’t them but a friend who told them to call Cohen, they told Cohen that they were “sorry” and they wouldn’t “do it again.”

“You’ll need to explain this to secret service as we have been receiving dozens of these harassing calls over the past 3 days. If you are a minor I suggest you notify your parent or guardian,” Cohen writes.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1041 on: May 16, 2024, 07:02:42 pm »
Michael Cohen has 95 secret recordings on his cellphone: testimony
By Kyle Schnitzer

Asked by Trump attorney Todd Blanche whether Cohen has 95 “secret recordings” on his cell phone, Cohen confirmed, adding that he taped conversations with former CNN boss Jeff Zucker.

I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1042 on: May 16, 2024, 07:11:01 pm »
1 hour(s) ago
Pinned
Trump attorneys accuse Cohen of lying about call with Trump about Stormy Daniels

Trump lawyer Todd Blanche drew the court's attention to text exchanges and a phone call between Michael Cohen and Keith Schiller, Donald Trump's former bodyguard, on Oct. 24, 2016.

Cohen confirmed he called Schiller that evening. Blanche asked if Cohen testified the call was to speak with Trump about the Stormy deal. Cohen confirmed.

In a text, Cohen asked Schiller who he can speak with about harassing calls from an alleged 14-year-old prankster. Schiller responded, “Call me.”

Cohen testified Tuesday that the Oct. 24 phone call, which lasted for one minute and 36 seconds, was made to Schiller to talk to Trump.

Blanche asked if the testimony on Tuesday was a lie because Cohen said then that he called to speak with Trump.

Cohen said, “Part of it was the 14-year-old ... but I know Keith was with Mr. Trump."

Blanche again accuses Cohen of lying and insists he never spoke with Trump that day.

Cohen responded, “I always ran everything by the boss immediately."

"That was a lie, you did not talk to President Trump,” Blanche said.

“I’m not certain that’s accurate,” Cohen responded.

Cohen maintains, based on the records that he was able to review, that he spoke with Schiller but also believes he spoke with Trump about the Stormy Daniels deal.

"We’re not asking what you believe," Blanche responded.

Fox News' Maria Paronich and Grace Taggart contributed to this report.
Posted by Kyle Morris
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1043 on: May 16, 2024, 07:13:12 pm »
14 minutes ago
Cohen has 95 secret recordings on his cellphone: testimony
By Kyle Schnitzer

Asked by Donald Trump attorney Todd Blanche whether Michael Cohen has 95 “secret recordings” saved on his cellphone.

The conversations were recorded without the other person's knowledge, Cohen testified. He said he recorded Trump, ex-CNN boss Jeff Zucker and journalists.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1046 on: May 16, 2024, 07:18:08 pm »
a minute ago
Cohen confirms Trump was worried about how Melania, kids seeing Playboy model story

Michael Cohen confirmed that Donald Trump didn't "initially" think the Karen McDougal story would hurt him — but said that Trump was worried about how the story would be perceived by Melania and his children.

Trump attorney Todd Blanche asked Cohen if Trump "at least initially" didn't think the story from the former Playboy model would hurt him. Cohen confirmed: "Initially, yes"

He then agreed that Trump one of his worries about the story was with his wife and kids.
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1047 on: May 16, 2024, 07:19:59 pm »
It's good to have you back online, @mystery-ak!
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1048 on: May 16, 2024, 07:23:32 pm »
May 16, 2024
-
rrahman
Cohen says he recorded people without them knowing

Cohen testified during the cross examination that he recorded people without them knowing, many of them journalists.

He noted that it was not illegal for him to record others in a conversation, adding that New York is a one-party consent state.

He said he recorded 40 separate conversations with journalists. Some of the people he recorded included Jeff Zucker and Trump, he testified.

He confirmed there were 95 “secret recordings” stored on his phone when asked by Blanche.

–Lauren Sforza

May 16, 2024
-
rrahman
Trump attorney questions how Cohen can recall years-old calls

Trump attorney Todd Blanche has repeatedly questioned Cohen about how he can vividly remember certain phone conversations during the hush money negotiations in 2016.

“You have a specific recollection of that phone call on June 16, 2016?” Blanche asked at one point, sounding skeptical.

Earlier, Blanche had noted that Cohen answered “I don’t recall” about certain more recent events.

Cohen rebutted the accusation by noting he has been publicly discussing certain matters related to the case for years.

— Zach Schonfeld

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1049 on: May 16, 2024, 07:34:42 pm »
It's good to have you back online, @mystery-ak!

Good to be back...I am tired of doctors...
Support the USO