Author Topic: UN vs. UN: UN climate chief declares humans have ‘two years to save the world’ – But UN scientist ru  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UN vs. UN: UN climate chief declares humans have ‘two years to save the world’ – But UN scientist rubbishes UN claim as ‘meaningless rhetoric’ & ‘counterproductive’

United Nations executive climate secretary Simon Stiell: “Who exactly has two years to save the world? The answer is every person on this planet,” Stiell said.

“‘Two years to save the world’ is meaningless rhetoric — at best, it’s likely to be ignored, at worst, it will be counterproductive,” said Princeton University climate scientist Michael Oppenheimer, who is also a professor of international affairs. [Note: Oppenheimer has also served as UN IPCC Coordinating Lead Author.]

#

Earth ‘serially doomed’: The official history of climate ‘Tipping Points’ began in 1864 – A new ‘global warming’ 12-year deadline from Rep. Ocasio-Cortez

George Perkins Marsh in his 1864 book: Man and Nature” – published in 1864: “The earth is fast becoming an unfit home for its noblest inhabitant, and another era of equal human crime and human improvidence … would reduce it to such a condition of impoverished productiveness, of shattered surface, of climatic excess, as to threaten the depravation, barbarism, and perhaps even extinction of the species.”

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/04/10/un-vs-un-un-climate-chief-declares-humans-have-two-years-to-save-the-world-but-un-scientist-rubbishes-un-claim-as-meaningless-rhetoric-counterproductive/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I still want to know what the greatest climate scientist is the world, Greta, has to say about it because this contradicts her prognostications. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson