Author Topic: UN climate official warns only 'two years' to save world from environmental crisis  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UN climate official warns only 'two years' to save world from environmental crisis
He said that other goals, such as ending poverty and hunger, are not "possible unless we get the climate crisis under control."

By Madeleine Hubbard
Published: April 11, 2024 12:05pm

AUnited Nations climate official issued a dire warning by claiming that only "two years" remain to save the world from an environmental crisis.

"When I say we have two years to save the world, it begs the question - who exactly has two years to save the world? The answer is every person on this planet," UN climate official Simon Stiell said Wednesday during a speech at the Chatham House think tank in London.

He said that other goals, such as ending poverty and hunger, are not "possible unless we get the climate crisis under control."

He also said that "a quantum leap this year in climate finance is both essential and entirely achievable," and it would require government officials and investors to direct trillions of dollars away from traditional energy infrastructure toward green alternatives.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/environment/un-climate-official-warns-only-two-years-save-world-environmental
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 09:40:40 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Greta has given us more time than that and she's the world's leading climate scientist! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson