Author Topic: Your power bills are going up, according to one energy boss. Here’s why  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Your power bills are going up, according to one energy boss. Here’s why
By national regional affairs reporter Jane Norman
Posted Thu 11 Apr 2024 at 2:41pmThursday 11 Apr 2024 at 2:41pm, updated Thu 11 Apr 2024 at 7:41pmThursday 11 Apr 2024 at 7:41pm

Australia's clean energy transition has been likened to a post-war recovery effort. But one energy boss has warned consumers will pay.(ABC News David Sciasci)

Share article

"You came here for truths and straight talk, so, here's a doozy."

Standing on stage at the National Press Club — being beamed live into offices and lounge rooms across the country — one of Australia's top energy bosses was preparing to say what few in the industry will acknowledge publicly.

Jeff Dimery — CEO of Alinta Energy — looked up from his notes on the lectern and delivered the promised doozy to the audience.

"Australians will have to pay more for energy in future," he says.

"We need to be honest about that."

Honesty – and transparency – are features that have arguably been missing from an often ideologically driven and contorted debate about energy policy in this country.

Clean energy 'half-truth'

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-12/power-prices-to-rise-in-clean-energy-transition/103696450
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Surely this isn't going to be true in the US? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson