Author Topic: UK Energy imports poised to hit record after power stations mothballed  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UK Energy imports poised to hit record after power stations mothballed

By Paul Homewood

h/t Philip Bratby

Britain is poised to import a record amount of energy from France and other European countries this summer after mothballing a host of power stations.

The French state-owned operator EDF will sell much of the surplus power from its nuclear plants to the UK in the coming months after taking advantage of new undersea cables and a lack of domestic capacity, according to a new report from National Gas.

It said that the demand for gas in the UK was predicted to fall from 33.3 billion cubic metres (bcm) between April and September last year to 29bcm this year – a 10pc decline – because foreign energy is filling the gap instead of gas-fired plants in the UK.

Meanwhile, electricity imports are predicted to jump by 6.6 terawatt hours, potentially reaching a new summer record.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/13/uk-energy-imports-poised-to-hit-record-after-power-stations-mothballed/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Think about it President Biden, democrats, and rinos! :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson