Author Topic: Ex-Advisor To French President Macron Warns Of Green Agenda Revolt, Dwarfing The Yellow Vests  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ex-Advisor To French President Macron Warns Of Green Agenda Revolt, Dwarfing The Yellow Vests
by Kurt Zindulka  Apr 5, 2024 in News
macron

A former advisor to President Emmanuel Macron has warned that if France continues down the same path with the green agenda, the country will likely face a “social revolt” far greater than the Yellow Vest movement or the recent bout of farmer protests. [emphasis, links added]

“It’s going to end very badly,” warned David Djaïz in an interview this week with the Paris-based conservative news magazine Le Point.

The left-wing public intellectual and Emmanuel Macron’s former rapporteur for the government’s National Council for Refoundation (CNR) accused the government and political elites in France of being “content to manage the decline”.

Djaïz, an ardent believer in the need for a green transition of the economy in France and Europe as a whole, argued that there is a “deficit of strategic thinking” in the halls of power, saying: “I saw from the inside how intellectually and operationally the state was exhausted.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/ex-advisor-to-french-president-macron-warns-of-green-agenda-revolt-dwarfing-the-yellow-vests/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson