Author Topic: No, Savannah Morning News, a Warm Spring is No Indication of Climate Change  (Read 281 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, Savannah Morning News, a Warm Spring is No Indication of Climate Change
20 hours ago Anthony Watts 36 Comments

From ClimateREALISM

A story published by John Deem of the Savannah Morning News (SMN) claims that a warmer than normal spring that is expected this year is “under climate change’s influence.” This is false. SMN is conflating short-term weather patterns with long-term climate change and an examination of real-world data does not support their conclusion.

The article comma titled ‘Ma Nature’ expected to nurture warm spring in Savannah under climate change’s influence, was published on the website of the newspaper on April 2nd 2024.  The article makes this claim:

Spring is likely to be warmer than usual in Savannah and across Georgia this year, according to the latest long-term forecast from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Prediction Center.

That’s nothing new. Thanks to warming fueled primarily by heat-trapping pollution from the burning of fossil fuels, average spring temperatures have climbed considerably locally and over much of the Southeast over the past 50 years.

Although it is unclear in the article which long-term forecast from the Climate Prediction Center SMN is referencing, this Seasonal Temperature Outlook in Figure 1 below is the most likely candidate:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/05/no-savannah-morning-news-a-warm-spring-is-no-indication-of-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Spring isn't "warm" (at least not yet) here in the southwest corner of New England. Dropping down into the mid-30's next couple of nights...

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
 9999hair out0000 I really get tired of these goobers drawing a conclusion about the climate because of a recent occurrence or even trend. We've had uncharacteristic freezes here on the Texas Gulf Coast for the past 3 winters. Am I supposed to conclude that we're on the verge of an ice age?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.