Author Topic: CANT TOUCH THIS – Anti-Net Zero Vigilantes Converting Vandalised Low Emission Zone Cameras Into Prot  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CANT TOUCH THIS – Anti-Net Zero Vigilantes Converting Vandalised Low Emission Zone Cameras Into Protected Species Habitats
22 hours ago Eric Worrall 
Essay by Eric Worrall

First published JoNova; Repair engineers who remove or interfere with the bat habitat boxes risk prosecution for harming protected species.

Vigilante anti-ULEZ campaigners hang bat boxes on cameras to stop engineers fixing them

The £10 bat homes have been spotted attached to ULEZ devices in areas of London. Anti-ULEZ campaigners aim to make it more difficult for damaged cameras to be repaired

By Adam Toms Rom Preston-Ellis Assistant News Editor
16:25, 25 Mar 2024

Anti-ULEZ campaigners are hanging bat boxes on the cameras – to stop engineers repairing them.

The £10 animal homes have been spotted attached to ULEZ devices in Chessington, Kingston upon Thames and North Cheam. ULEZ opponents say they are “positively contributing to London’s biodiversity and ecosystem”. One said: ”I’m sure whoever is behind it is extremely grateful to TfL for providing the poles to house this protected species.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/04/cant-touch-this-anti-net-zero-vigilantes-converting-vandalised-low-emission-zone-cameras-into-protected-species-habitats/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson