Author Topic: The Hill Pushes Wishy-Washy Wine Worries  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Hill Pushes Wishy-Washy Wine Worries
« on: April 05, 2024, 11:14:37 am »
The Hill Pushes Wishy-Washy Wine Worries

By
Linnea Lueken
April 3, 2024

A recent post from The Hill titled “Climate change endangers 70 percent of world’s wine regions: Study,” claims that climate change “could decimate” global wine production. This research cited by The Hill is speculative and is undermined by the growth in grape and wine production amid ongoing climate change.

The Hill’s post highlights a review article published in Nature Reviews Earth & Environment.

Climate Realism has debunked the idea that wine is being threatened by climate change more than a dozen times, but it is worth looking at these claims again.

One section of the study analyzes other research and with the authors then producing maps which demonstrate regions that could possibly be impacted by global warming. Ever eager to paint the research in the direst light, The Hill emphasizes that the researchers estimate “as much as 70 percent of the world’s suitable regions for wine will become too warm this century, including as much as 90 percent of wine’s best traditional regions in Spain, Italy, Greece, and Southern California.”

https://climaterealism.com/2024/04/the-hill-pushes-wishy-washy-wine-worries/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson