Author Topic: States Retreating From Green Energy As Costs Skyrocket, But Climate Policies Harder To Kill  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
States Retreating From Green Energy As Costs Skyrocket, But Climate Policies Harder To Kill
by Kevin Killough  Apr 2, 2024 in News, Renewables

The Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC) recently took the unusual step of voting to pull back on the state’s renewable energy targets, over concerns they are too costly and produce few benefits. [emphasis, links added]

Most states are moving in the other direction, following California’s lead, but there are signs of some hesitation as the real costs of these policies are realized.

California has pursued some of the most aggressive renewable energy policies in the U.S. Since 2008, wind and solar in California went from 3% of the state’s electricity generation mix to 25.7% last year. And it pays the third highest electricity rates in the county behind Hawaii and Rhode Island.

Meanwhile, carbon intensity, a measure of carbon dioxide emissions per kilowatt hour generated, has remained unchanged since at least 2011.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/states-retreating-from-green-energy-as-costs-skyrocket-but-climate-policies-harder-to-kill/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson