Author Topic: Ohio News Outlet Peddles Linking Violent Weather To Climate Change–Sans Proof  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ohio News Outlet Peddles Linking Violent Weather To Climate Change–Sans Proof
by Anthony Watts  Mar 29, 2024 in Extreme Weather, News And Opinion
OCJ headline

An article in the Ohio Capital Journal claims that it’s time to link violent weather to climate change for the state. This is false. There is no real-world evidence showing climate change is weirding the weather in Ohio or anywhere else.

Even the latest report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) does not link changes in severe weather to climate change, or more particularly changes in tornado patterns which the story focuses upon. [emphasis, links added]

The article, written by Marty Schladen is titled, Analysis: Ohio has had weird, violent weather. Is it time to link it to climate change? It begins with these two paragraphs:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/ohio-news-outlet-peddles-linking-violent-weather-to-climate-change-sans-proof/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Isn't the word of the media good enough? :mauslaff: :laughingdog:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson