Author Topic: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week  (Read 9308 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2024, 08:37:33 pm »
From the white house website, Mar 2020:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf

Should be. Not will be or have to be. I saw Kristi Noem praising Trump for how he left the power to run her state in her hands.  The Idaho economy came out doing great under Brad Little.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 08:41:13 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2024, 08:49:49 pm »
Even Amazon... Used to be anything in a couple days. Now it's a week or more all the time.

I receive my orders in 24-48 hours.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2024, 08:58:29 pm »
The Christian reaction to Trump’s Bible endorsement goes deeper than you think

Former President Donald Trump is officially selling a patriotic copy of the Christian Bible themed to Lee Greenwood’s famous song, “God Bless the USA.”

“Happy Holy Week!” Trump announced on social media Tuesday, during the most solemn period of the Christian calendar, the last week of the Lenten season marking the suffering and death of Jesus. “As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible.”

The concept of a Bible covered in the American flag, as well as a former president’s endorsement of a text Christians consider to be sacred, has raised concern among religious circles. It’s also raised questions about Trump’s motivations, as the former president finds himself in the middle of several expensive legal battles.

‘Sacrilege,’ theology, and the shadow of Christian nationalism

The $59.99 Bible, which was first published in 2021, features an American flag and the words “God Bless the USA” printed on the cover. Inside, it has the words to “God Bless the USA” and the text of The Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance and other historic American documents. Promotional material for the Bible shows the former president alongside country singer Lee Greenwood.

Responses to Trump’s social media announcement called the endorsement “sacrilege,” “heresy” and “borderline offensive” and cite lessons directly from the Bible that suggest taking advantage of people’s faith for money should be condemned.

“It is a bankrupt Christianity that sees a demagogue co-opting our faith and even our holy scriptures for the sake of his own pursuit of power and praise him for it rather than insist that we refuse to allow our sacred faith and scriptures to become a mouthpiece for an empire,” said Rev. Benjamin Cremer on X.

Jason Cornwall, a pastor from South Carolina, said on X that Trump’s Bible endorsement was a violation of one of the Ten Commandments of the Hebrew Testament that forbids taking God’s name in vain.

However, the criticism doesn’t end with whether or not Trump’s endorsement is un-Christian or not. In fact, it’s just the beginning. ............

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/28/us/donald-trump-bible-christianity-cec/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2024, 09:00:10 pm »
Should be. Not will be or have to be. I saw Kristi Noem praising Trump for how he left the power to run her state in her hands.  The Idaho economy came out doing great under Brad Little.

What guidelines to follow and for how long were decisions made at the state level by the governors.

Governors of seven Republican states did not close down: Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2024, 09:05:07 pm »
I receive my orders in 24-48 hours.

I don't. Hardly ever. I have an order coming right now that's closing in on 8 days... And Easter weekend coming. So I probably won't see it till Tuesday or Wednesday. And three more orders behind that one won't be much different.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2024, 09:07:35 pm »
What guidelines to follow and for how long were decisions made at the state level by the governors.

Governors of seven Republican states did not close down: Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.

Bullshit. None of it matters if the ports are closed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2024, 09:31:50 pm »
The Christian reaction to Trump’s Bible endorsement goes deeper than you think

Former President Donald Trump is officially selling a patriotic copy of the Christian Bible themed to Lee Greenwood’s famous song, “God Bless the USA.”

“Happy Holy Week!” Trump announced on social media Tuesday, during the most solemn period of the Christian calendar, the last week of the Lenten season marking the suffering and death of Jesus. “As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible.”

The concept of a Bible covered in the American flag, as well as a former president’s endorsement of a text Christians consider to be sacred, has raised concern among religious circles. It’s also raised questions about Trump’s motivations, as the former president finds himself in the middle of several expensive legal battles.

‘Sacrilege,’ theology, and the shadow of Christian nationalism

The $59.99 Bible, which was first published in 2021, features an American flag and the words “God Bless the USA” printed on the cover. Inside, it has the words to “God Bless the USA” and the text of The Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance and other historic American documents. Promotional material for the Bible shows the former president alongside country singer Lee Greenwood.

Responses to Trump’s social media announcement called the endorsement “sacrilege,” “heresy” and “borderline offensive” and cite lessons directly from the Bible that suggest taking advantage of people’s faith for money should be condemned.

“It is a bankrupt Christianity that sees a demagogue co-opting our faith and even our holy scriptures for the sake of his own pursuit of power and praise him for it rather than insist that we refuse to allow our sacred faith and scriptures to become a mouthpiece for an empire,” said Rev. Benjamin Cremer on X.

Jason Cornwall, a pastor from South Carolina, said on X that Trump’s Bible endorsement was a violation of one of the Ten Commandments of the Hebrew Testament that forbids taking God’s name in vain.

However, the criticism doesn’t end with whether or not Trump’s endorsement is un-Christian or not. In fact, it’s just the beginning. ............

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/28/us/donald-trump-bible-christianity-cec/index.html

It is a despicable move on Trump's part; he has hit a new low.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2024, 09:35:44 pm »
That is exactly my biggest concern with Trump.

We have almost an entire generation who has grown up thinking that there are two political options: woke progressivism, or Trumpish.  Young people need to see that there is an alternative to progressivism that does not involve Donald Trump..

That is my biggest fear. The young people being fed crappola. I can't pin that on Trump. I also fear that unless there are elections that don't feature reality stars or mud slinging there will be little participation or interest...the younger amongst us enjoy entertainment. Style over substance.

And let's face it...us oldie, moldies are gonna phase out and go away.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2024, 09:43:41 pm »
It is a despicable move on Trump's part; he has hit a new low.
What I don't understand is how the hell did he miss the Trump Holy Water opportunity, I mean its kind like biscuits and gravy, he hit the biscuits part with his Bibles but where the Holy Water gravy to go with it? :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2024, 09:45:55 pm »
That is my biggest fear. The young people being fed crappola. I can't pin that on Trump.

I CAN. Both sides are slinging so much crappola that real news is lost in the ocean of Bullsh*t .

One of my biggest critiques of Tumpy and Co is the disaster that is now right-facing news. They're all in the bag, one way or the other., and none of them can speak a word without spin.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 09:47:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2024, 09:48:21 pm »
Bullshit. None of it matters if the ports are closed.

What ports were closed? There were backlogs, sure. A lot of problems were caused by what was happening in other countries. And any trouble you have getting parts now has nothing to do with Trump.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2024, 09:49:50 pm »
What I don't understand is how the hell did he miss the Trump Holy Water opportunity, I mean its kind like biscuits and gravy, he hit the biscuits part with his Bibles but where the Holy Water gravy to go with it? :shrug:

Well he is nominally a 'Presbyterian' I hear... So Holy Water is likely outside of his very narrow religious knowledge.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2024, 09:51:05 pm »
What ports were closed? There were backlogs, sure. A lot of problems were caused by what was happening in other countries. And any trouble you have getting parts now has nothing to do with Trump.

Baloney. There were whole battalions of container ships offshore that couldn't come in.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2024, 10:04:42 pm »
I CAN. Both sides are slinging so much crappola that real news is lost in the ocean of Bullsh*t .

One of my biggest critiques of Tumpy and Co is the disaster that is now right-facing news. They're all in the bag, one way or the other., and none of them can speak a word without spin.

Just imagine if it was DeSantis. The left would be doubling down.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2024, 11:17:14 pm »
Just imagine if it was DeSantis. The left would be doubling down.

I don't care about the left.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2024, 11:27:26 pm »
I don't care about the left.

Nope. I think this is going to effect some of his base and those who were going to hold their noses and vote for him anyways.

He's like a snake oil salesman. What magic elixir is he going to sell next?  I guess his gilded tennis shoes didn't sell so well.  *****rollingeyes*****

The Bible is not something you play around with.  Who does he think he is to 'endorse' a Bible?

Maybe I am overreacting but this just doesn't set well with me.

Down ballot for me. Constitution Party is just starting to get off the ground, so I don't see them as a viable option.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2024, 11:39:47 pm »
Nope. I think this is going to effect some of his base and those who were going to hold their noses and vote for him anyways.

He's like a snake oil salesman. What magic elixir is he going to sell next?  I guess his gilded tennis shoes didn't sell so well.  *****rollingeyes*****

The Bible is not something you play around with.  Who does he think he is to 'endorse' a Bible?

Down ballot for me. Constitution Party is just starting to get off the ground, so I don't see them as a viable option.

I'll vote CP if I can - I already know I'll agree with their platform, probably up, down, and sideways. And coming off the ground, they need the support. So by default, I will help them if I can.

If nothing else it is a dandy protest vote.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2024, 11:45:51 pm »
 ////00000////

Has Trump started selling plenary indulgences yet?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2024, 11:48:54 pm »

Of all the things he is, he is a salesman. I have said that from the beginning.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2024, 11:49:21 pm »

The Bible is not something you play around with. Who does he think he is to 'endorse' a Bible?

@libertybele

Who do the Bible Thumpers,including  the Pope think they are to endorse the Bible as "The Word of  God"?

None of them were around when some dude known as Jesus spoke in Gods name.

AFATG,where is the proof that some Dude known as Jesus was speaking for God,and which  version of Jesus  was it that was speaking for each different version of the Holy Bible?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 11:50:18 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2024, 11:55:54 pm »

Of all the things he is, he is a salesman. I have said that from the beginning.

That's right... Just not a very good one..

Online roamer_1

« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2024, 11:58:22 pm »
@libertybele

Who do the Bible Thumpers,including  the Pope think they are to endorse the Bible as "The Word of  God"?

None of them were around when some dude known as Jesus spoke in Gods name.

AFATG,where is the proof that some Dude known as Jesus was speaking for God,and which  version of Jesus  was it that was speaking for each different version of the Holy Bible?

All of those questions have valid answers in favor of YHWH and Yeshua -- But we are not supposed to foster religious debate.

Technically I could, because as I understand 'Da Rulz' an answer to a question is fair play...

But in your case, pearls, swine, etc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2024, 12:09:16 am »
All of those questions have valid answers in favor of YHWH and Yeshua -- But we are not supposed to foster religious debate.

Technically I could, because as I understand 'Da Rulz' an answer to a question is fair play...

But in your case, pearls, swine, etc.

The prime reason no one,including me,wants  to argue about  religion is because there is NO definitive proof of the existence of any all-powerful "Deity".

You either believe,or you don't.

It's about faith,not  proof.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2024, 12:45:43 am »
The prime reason no one,including me,wants  to argue about  religion is because there is NO definitive proof of the existence of any all-powerful "Deity".

You either believe,or you don't.

It's about faith,not  proof.

Au contraire -- when you witness a miracle ...it becomes proof.

At no cost to you @sneakypete  you can receive a free Bible or spend $59.99 on Trump's  bible with founding documents and Lee Greenwod's song. Will his bible make you pray again @sneakypete ?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2024, 12:46:37 am »

Perhaps there's a coupon in Trump's bible for his holy water. *****rollingeyes*****