Author Topic: ‘Insulting’: UK Telegraph: ‘Welsh farmers who fear an eco land grab’ – ‘A post-Brexit masterplan mea  (Read 461 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Insulting’: UK Telegraph: ‘Welsh farmers who fear an eco land grab’ – ‘A post-Brexit masterplan means farms must sacrifice up to 20% of their holdings to trees & wildlife. They fear extinction’
By Marc Morano
March 19, 2024
10:33 am

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/well-be-finished-the-welsh-farmers-who-fear-an-eco-land-grab-h53spvr7p?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Environment%20-%20Tuesday%2019th%20March%202024&utm_term=audience_ENVIRONMENT

By Matt Rudd
Once you’ve worn out second gear through all the new 20mph villages on the A40, the road starts to climb. After Brecon, you’re greeted by a windscreen full of bunched-up topography and, in my case, a cup of tea in a farm kitchen with Stella and Andrew Phillips.

They’ve been up since 2am as they often are at this time of year. It’s lambing and calving season and in the maternity unit — a large shed next to the farmhouse — the 12-hour-old calf is feeding well. Two pens along, the Phillips children, Lexi, 11, and Cam, 7, are looking after four mewling lambs whose mothers decided motherhood wasn’t for them. The rest of the shed is a cacophonous nursery of newborns.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/03/19/insulting-uk-telegraph-welsh-farmers-who-fear-an-eco-land-grab-a-post-brexit-masterplan-means-farms-must-sacrifice-up-to-20-of-their-holdings-to-trees-wildlife-they-fea/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Now that is what you call freedom from government intrusion! :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Remember, folks, this bullshit is global. Tell the UN to sod off. whose country is it, anyway?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis