Author Topic: Blockbuster: Planetary temperature controls CO2 levels — not humans  (Read 610 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Blockbuster: Planetary temperature controls CO2 levels — not humans
There goes another “fingerprint”…
It’s not just that man-made emissions don’t control the climate, they don’t even control global CO2 levels.

Judging by the speech Murry Salby gave at the Sydney Institute, there’s a blockbuster paper coming soon.

Listen to the speech: “Global Emission of Carbon Dioxide: The Contribution from Natural Sources”

Professor Murry Salby is Chair of Climate Science at Macquarie University. He’s been a visiting professorships at Paris, Stockholm, Jerusalem, and Kyoto, and he’s spent time at the Bureau of Meterology in Australia.

Over the last two years he has been looking at C12 and C13 ratios and CO2 levels around the world, and has come to the conclusion that man-made emissions have only a small effect on global CO2 levels. It’s not just that man-made emissions don’t control the climate, they don’t even control global CO2 levels.

https://joannenova.com.au/2011/08/blockbuster-planetary-temperature-controls-co2-levels-not-humans/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Blockbuster: Planetary temperature controls CO2 levels — not humans
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 10:04:45 pm »
"Judging by the speech Murry Salby gave at the Sydney Institute, there’s a blockbuster paper coming soon.
Listen to the speech: “Global Emission of Carbon Dioxide: The Contribution from Natural Sources”"

Professor Salby will soon discover the opprobrium that comes from being branded a "climate denier"...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 03:33:21 am »
As any carbonated beverage warms, the solubility of Carbon Dioxide in the water in the beverage declines (warm beer goes flat quicker).

As the planet warmed, CO2 dissolved in fresh water and the oceans came out of solution and went into the atmosphere, which is why CO2 is a trailing indicator, not a forcing component. When it got colder, more CO2 would remain in solution, because it is more soluble at lower temperatures.

This whole thing about CO2 being a pollutant has been bogus from day one. Unless you are working with it in an enclosed space--or a Hell of a lot of it in the open, it isn't a problem, and not driving the climate either way.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 02:35:21 pm »
This whole thing about CO2 being a pollutant has been bogus from day one. 

You're just saying that because you're one of those right-wing climate deniers! 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 03:18:27 pm »
He'll been stoned to death in the town square for Global Climate Change Heresy.

Global Climate Change is not about following the science; it's about manufacturing the science and hysteria to gain more funding and power.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 04:11:49 pm »
You're just saying that because you're one of those right-wing climate deniers! 000hehehehe
The year I was awarded my Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology, all the buzz was about the coming ice age...
It's easy to support the notion that our skies were far more polluted then, but the Klimate Kult claims that suddenly, man is destroying the planet, when we're cleaner than ever in terms of atmospheric emissions.
Apparently, if we just return to 1970s levels of pollution, we won't have to worry about global warming.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis