Author Topic: Immigration becomes No. 1 issue for voters as Biden and Trump head to border  (Read 712 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Immigration becomes No. 1 issue for voters as Biden and Trump head to border
By
Anna Giaritelli
February 28, 2024 5:00 am

More than a thousand miles north of the southern border, Republican voters who turned out at the polls in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina have one issue front of mind: immigration.

The issue of the border crisis surged past all other voter concerns, including foreign policy, the economy, and abortion, to become the greatest concern, according to primary and caucus exit polling.

This growing sentiment among early state voters is no fluke. New polling from Monmouth University’s Polling Institute found that 8 in 10 voters from all parties see illegal immigration as either a very serious or somewhat serious problem.

Iowa GOP voters polled on their way into polling facilities on Jan. 15 identified immigration as the most concerning issue, beating out all other issues. Nearly two-thirds selected immigration as the top issue, according to an ABC News entrance poll.

Republican voters in New Hampshire followed suit on Jan. 23, according to CNN exit polling.

Similarly, polling conducted by Edison Research outside South Carolina polling centers last week found immigration also topped the list of issues of voters.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2889607/biden-trump-border-immigration-number-one-issue/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Some here dismiss polls,especially the ones they don’t like, but the politicians themselves do not

This explains the sudden 180 degree turn that the Biden administration is doing on the border after the last three years of telling us there’s no problem

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Some here dismiss polls,especially the ones they don’t like, but the politicians themselves do not

This explains the sudden 180 degree turn that the Biden administration is doing on the border after the last three years of telling us there’s no problem

Just in case you didn't already know this @LMAO there is a HUGE difference between internal, not for public consumption, polls and those we see touted by the media.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Just in case you didn't already know this @LMAO there is a HUGE difference between internal, not for public consumption, polls and those we see touted by the media.

Just in case you didn’t already know this, but this particular poll is not an internal poll

Here’s an excerpt from the article in case you missed it

This growing sentiment among early state voters is no fluke. New polling from Monmouth University’s Polling Institute found that 8 in 10 voters from all parties see illegal immigration as either a very serious or somewhat serious problem.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 03:01:25 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just in case you didn’t already know this, but this particular poll is not an internal poll

I know! That's why it isn't worth spit! Watching what politicians do will give you a very good indication of what their internal polls are telling them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Easy prediction

Biden and his media allies are going to work overtime to make people forget about his border disaster the last three years

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

IF Trump wins by some miracle, it’ll be this issue that does it for him

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

Deficit spending is the #1 issue.  Solve that, and you won't have an immigration problem.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-