Author Topic: Claim: Climate Change is Causing Cholera Outbreaks  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Claim: Climate Change is Causing Cholera Outbreaks
« on: February 25, 2024, 11:12:09 am »
Claim: Climate Change is Causing Cholera Outbreaks
9 hours ago
Essay by Eric Worrall

Al Jazeera promoting climate change explanations instead of exposing political incompetence or worse.

Cholera: An overlooked outcome of climate change

Global warming is exacerbating the spread of a disease that should have been consigned to the dust bin of history a long time ago. We need to take action now.

Robert Kampala Regional Director, WaterAid Southern Africa
Published On 23 Feb 202423 Feb 2024

Climate change-related extreme weather and the destruction it causes are making headlines on a regular basis across the world. Yet the profound health implications of the climate emergency are often left untold.

Zambia, for example, is currently experiencing its worst cholera outbreak to date with more than 18,000 confirmed infections. The disease has already killed more than 600 people, a third of them children, and led to aid agencies warning of an “uncontrollable health crisis” in the country.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/02/24/claim-climate-change-is-causing-cholera-outbreaks/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Claim: Climate Change is Causing Cholera Outbreaks
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 11:12:23 am »
 999yawn
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson