Author Topic: Black leaders, DNC blast Trump for ‘racist’ comments  (Read 455 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Black leaders, DNC blast Trump for ‘racist’ comments
« on: February 24, 2024, 11:15:58 pm »
 Black leaders, DNC blast Trump for ‘racist’ comments
by Cheyanne M. Daniels - 02/24/24 2:44 PM ET

Black leaders are condemning former President Trump’s recent comments about Black voters as “racist.”

Speaking at the Black Conservative Federation (BCF) annual gala in South Carolina on Friday, Trump said his legal woes have earned him the support of Black voters around the country.

“I got indicted for nothing, for something that is nothing,” Trump told the crowd. “And a lot of people said that’s why the Black people like me, because they have been hurt so badly and discriminated against, and they actually viewed me as I’m being discriminated against. It’s been pretty amazing but possibly, maybe, there’s something there.”

The former president added that Black Americans also “embraced” his mugshot and that he knows Black people because they built his buildings.

His comments quickly drew outrage from The NAACP.

“The NAACP is outraged, but not surprised by yet another racist remark from the former President,” Derrick Johnson, NAACP president, told The Hill in a statement. 

“Donald Trump is delusional to think that his criminality would be an attractive quality to Black voters,” he continued. “He has taken advantage of an inherently racist system, while Black Americans have been abused by it. We are not the same.”

Mondale Robinson, founder of the Black Male Voter Project, called Trump’s comments “absolutely racist” and said they will not play out well with Black men.

“This is nothing but a continuation of Donald Trump being who he has always been,” Robinson told The Hill. “Black men are not living in a silo, it’s not as if we don’t know this. We see it. The world might be fooled but that’s not moving to us.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/race-politics/4486998-black-leaders-dnc-blast-trump-for-racist-comments/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Black leaders, DNC blast Trump for ‘racist’ comments
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 12:27:25 am »
DJT just can't keep his big fat mouth shut **nononono* Is he really this ignorant? Or does he intentionally gift Biden and the democrats with this kind of stupidity? Wait, wait, I know it's some sort of fourth or eighth dimensional chess that only he comprehends, right? 

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 12:48:06 pm »
I don’t think his statement is racist. Just dumb

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 12:53:13 pm »
He was right about Obama though.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 02:40:56 pm »
Trump is buying into the left wing narrative that blacks, or at least urban blacks, are the victims of the justice system.

Never mind black homicide rates especially against other blacks. Or the fact that more businesses are being pushed out from the inner cities
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 02:42:54 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 03:01:06 pm »
I don’t like “black” organizations, per se.

But in Trump’s case, it’s such a weird mixture of accepting the liberal/black lie that everything is unjust for them, and tying himself (as usual) to their alleged woes as being the same.

In his defense, he is trying to make it seem he understands black grievances and is sympathetic.

The black hustlers have to just stop.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 03:02:28 pm »
I don’t think his statement is racist. Just dumb

Everything to blacks and commies is “racist”.

Unless you’re on the correct side.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.