Author Topic: Powerful labor union makes huge donation – to the GOP!  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Powerful labor union makes huge donation – to the GOP!
« on: February 23, 2024, 08:54:55 pm »
Powerful labor union makes huge donation – to the GOP!
Strong statement from organization that routinely supports Dems
By Bob Unruh
Published February 23, 2024 at 3:20p

In a move that raises red flags for Democrats about their almost always-reliable support from unions, the Teamsters have made a significant donation this year to the Republican National Committee's convention fund.

It is at that convention that President Donald Trump likely will be named the party's 2024 presidential nominee.

A report in Axios calls the union "one of America's most powerful labor unions" and confirmed it has donated $45,000 to that convention fund.

The report noted it "matters" because it comes as "Trump and President Biden vie for blue collar support in key swing states…"

https://www.wnd.com/2024/02/powerful-labor-union-makes-huge-donation-gop/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Powerful labor union makes huge donation – to the GOP!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 08:55:57 pm »
This is almost equivalent to hell freezing over. *bouche*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson