Author Topic: DeSantis says he wouldn’t serve as Trump’s vice president but doesn’t rule out 2028 run  (Read 858 times)

Online libertybele

Good!!  I'm glad that he's made that clear. Although I don't like when an article keeps referring to "sources said".

DeSantis says he wouldn’t serve as Trump’s vice president but doesn’t rule out 2028 run

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said he has no intention of serving as vice president and left open the possibility of another White House run in 2028, according to three sources on a private call Wednesday with his supporters and those who volunteered to be delegates for the former presidential candidate.

Audio of the call was first obtained and reported on by the New York Post. The authenticity of the quotes from the New York Post and The New York Times, which also obtained the call, were confirmed to CNN by two sources.

DeSantis dropped out of the Republican presidential primary last month shortly after losing the Iowa caucuses, and endorsed former President Donald Trump, who is now hurtling toward the GOP nomination.

According to one source on the Wednesday call, a person asked DeSantis essentially if he had any advice about the type of person the Republican nominee should choose as a running mate.

After reiterating that he’s not interested in the job, DeSantis said that his criteria for choosing a running mate probably differs from Trump’s, suggesting that identity politics is more of a factor for the former president and his team.

“I’ve heard that they are looking more at identity politics. I think that’s a mistake. I think you should just focus on who you think the best person for the job would be,” DeSantis said.

Despite Trump telling Fox News this week that DeSantis was on his short list of potential ticket mates, DeSantis said definitively Wednesday that he would not serve as vice president, indicating that he would be more effective remaining Florida governor, two sources said.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/22/politics/ron-desantis-vice-president-trump/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

GOOD. He'd have to misstep horribly for my following words to be annulled:

He has my vote. Anytime. And I'll throw money too.

Online corbe

Below are their sources. 

I'm glad DeSantis is taking the Cruz road.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Good, use the next four years wisely and take public speaking lessons, or never win! 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He's a fantastic governor, and a crappy campaigner.  At least he was when he had to walk the Trump/MAGA tightrope during the campaign.  Perhaps we'd see a different guy in a campaign where he had to beat a guy about whom he couldn't say anything negative.

Online LMAO

Reagan lost the GOP primary in 1976

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

I sincerely hope Ron doesn't sign on as VP for Trump.

Online corbe

Reagan lost the GOP primary in 1976

To Gerald R Ford, by the same cohorts Trump used to defeat Cruz (Manafort and Stone).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.