Author Topic: Lara Trump suggests GOP voters would support the RNC paying Trump’s legal bills  (Read 7082 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Methinks someone does not understand the concept of LURKING :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:

@GtHawk

Thank you for reminding me.

I came out of "lurk mode" on this ONE thread because I saw a bunch of airheads whining about Trump once again,and once again displaying their/your envy and hatred of rich people,and putting your hatred ahead of the survival of America as a nation of free and independent people.

My bad.

So......,I will step out and you can go back to fighting that "class warfare" fight to display your jealousy of the rich.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Tom Delay got hit up with a $300 MILLION dollar bill because he ran for President?

In what universe did this happen?

Nope. But comparative destruction. They ran him right out of office. Destroyed him. Tied him up in court for a decade. But he won. And then he sued em. And won.

That's how you do it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Doesn't matter. That's not the point.
The point is, why does that give him leave to gut the RNC to pay the bill?
I never said it did, nor did I intend for that to be the impression that gave. This unprecedented abuse of judicial power bodes ill for the ruins of The Republic, because every law used has to be twisted as never before to snare a guy who has heretofore withstood every claim levied against him. I don't say that because I am a fan of Trump, but if the coordinated efforts of this judicially inbred bunch can be used to pull down a former POTUS, then this sh*t can be done to anyone.

It's just plain wrong, and sadly, no matter how much hard evidence is found and disclosed about the Bidens, it will be played in the Media if prosecuted as retaliation.

And for the Republic, it bodes nothing hopeful for its future.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I never said it did, nor did I intend for that to be the impression that gave. This unprecedented abuse of judicial power bodes ill for the ruins of The Republic, because every law used has to be twisted as never before to snare a guy who has heretofore withstood every claim levied against him. I don't say that because I am a fan of Trump, but if the coordinated efforts of this judicially inbred bunch can be used to pull down a former POTUS, then this sh*t can be done to anyone.

It's just plain wrong, and sadly, no matter how much hard evidence is found and disclosed about the Bidens, it will be played in the Media if prosecuted as retaliation.

And for the Republic, it bodes nothing hopeful for its future.

Sure it is. But this is not the right fight. He needs to win it in court, and upon that winning, sue their asses clean off. That I would cheer.

But that is not what's happening. He's playing it. And his play is putting the entire Right in jeopardy.

Offline LMAO

Methinks someone does not understand the concept of LURKING :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:

And he hasn’t given up the strawman arguments and Trumpian talking points and fantasies
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 01:00:05 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Lando Lincoln

@GtHawk

Thank you for reminding me.

I came out of "lurk mode" on this ONE thread because I saw a bunch of airheads whining about Trump once again,and once again displaying their/your envy and hatred of rich people,and putting your hatred ahead of the survival of America as a nation of free and independent people.

My bad.

So......,I will step out and you can go back to fighting that "class warfare" fight to display your jealousy of the rich.

@sneakypete

Despite those times that our viewpoints do not perfectly align, I totally value your input. Hang in there man…
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

I don't resent wealthy people, whether they inherited their loot or actually worked for it.
It simply isn't my concern.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

I don't resent wealthy people, whether they inherited their loot or actually worked for it.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Same
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline roamer_1

That's right. Mind your business. Country folk have known that all along.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I will admit that I do. I'm not afraid to say that.

Work ethic is a virtue. Those who inherited their wealth inherently lack that; they never had to survive. They had opportunities those of us who were born into poorer families would need extreme luck to get. Legacy admissions to elite universities, and connections to major corporations, to get them a pass into high-paying careers of their own. Investment seed money to cover expensive startup costs because "it takes money to make money."

It is my business. I don't want to be stuck poor all my life because everyone ignores me in favor of the rich kid whose dad is friends with an entertainment company CEO. We don't have equal opportunity in this country and we haven't had it in a long time. At least poor women can marry up; a poor guy just gets looked down upon. That affects my ability to have a family of my own.

We like to romanticize the bootstrap ideal. But it's just not true. The rich get richer and the poor get stuck chasing a standard of living that's getting further and further out of reach. The rich can buy up all the available real estate, then rent it out to the poor can't even find a starter home for under six figures.

That said... does left-wing policy solve that problem? Of course not. You can raise income taxes all you want; the ones with all the wealth already have found their way around it and it just keeps any who might be lucky enough to break into that club otherwise from doing so. I don't see them proposing any new housing projects.

I absolutely judge people who were born into rich families as unfit to understand people like me.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

Work ethic is a virtue. Those who inherited their wealth inherently lack that; they never had to survive. They had opportunities those of us who were born into poorer families would need extreme luck to get. Legacy admissions to elite universities, and connections to major corporations, to get them a pass into high-paying careers of their own. Investment seed money to cover expensive startup costs because "it takes money to make money."

It is my business. I don't want to be stuck poor all my life because everyone ignores me in favor of the rich kid whose dad is friends with an entertainment company CEO. We don't have equal opportunity in this country and we haven't had it in a long time. At least poor women can marry up; a poor guy just gets looked down upon. That affects my ability to have a family of my own.

We like to romanticize the bootstrap ideal. But it's just not true. The rich get richer and the poor get stuck chasing a standard of living that's getting further and further out of reach. The rich can buy up all the available real estate, then rent it out to the poor can't even find a starter home for under six figures.

That said... does left-wing policy solve that problem? Of course not. You can raise income taxes all you want; the ones with all the wealth already have found their way around it and it just keeps any who might be lucky enough to break into that club otherwise from doing so. I don't see them proposing any new housing projects.

I absolutely judge people who were born into rich families as unfit to understand people like me.

It can be done @jmyrlefuller   In today's world it is difficult, but I've known kids who have dropped out of college, landed a job, climbed the ladder and successfully purchased a home, succeeding in their workplace. No I can't say that they are overly wealthy, but they live a decent life.

I've also known kids that came from poor families struggled to do well in high school, obtained a full scholarship and went on to great success.

I've also seen the flipside, where kids were handed luxury cars, good educations and good jobs that their parents were able to get them and they fell flat on their faces. Pretty much down and out for the rest of their lives experiencing very little success.

Let me just say one thing; don't judge yourself by how much money you have or don't have, judge yourself by how you treat others and help out someone in need.

Case in point; I had a neighbor who was a double amputee who lived in an apartment in our neighborhood.  He lived on disability. I would occasionally talk to him and one day when I stopped to talk to him he noticed that I had no jacket and it was chilly out.  He wheeled himself back to his house and next time he saw me he handed me his jacket.  Probably the only one he owned by the looks of it.  His act of compassion was humbling; that was a greater gift than the jacket. He was wealthy in compassion and kindness; far more wealthy than others.

You mention people who are unfit to understand people like you. ???  How about you need to love and respect yourself for who you are; that needs to happen before you find love and respect from others. Just sayin'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I'll give you two cents...

One of my friends was rich... at least to the point of very well off. had a nice estate. married a Budweiser girl - One of the famous three in swimsuits laying together on the beach, where 'budweiser' is written across their swim suits corporately...

Woke up one morning to find our he sucked a bullet in the night. Sent me spinning. Here's this guy with a multi-million dollar sound studio in his basement, a rack of guitars easily worth more than everything I have, a six-car garage filled with beautifully restored hot rods, a beautiful, top shelf gal for a wife, and a son on the way... and he checks out. made no sense. We'd been talking just the evening before about putting in a pool and a hot tub and  a full landscaping package for his back yard, and how much he was looking forward to his son's arrival... I mean, he seemed happy. He had plans. He wanted for nothing...

It's easy to envy those that seem to have it easy. But success brings its own devils.

Taught me something, right there. I judge solely by merit. All ways.  It don't matter what one feller has or don't have. 'Have' has nothing to do with it at all. A man is what he does. and nothing more.

That's why your honor is the hardest thing to preserve and hold onto. And honor costs nothing, and everything, every time.

Offline roamer_1

It can be done @jmyrlefuller   In today's world it is difficult, but I've known kids who have dropped out of college, landed a job, climbed the ladder and successfully purchased a home, succeeding in their workplace. No I can't say that they are overly wealthy, but they live a decent life.

I've also known kids that came from poor families struggled to do well in high school, obtained a full scholarship and went on to great success.

I've also seen the flipside, where kids were handed luxury cars, good educations and good jobs that their parents were able to get them and they fell flat on their faces. Pretty much down and out for the rest of their lives experiencing very little success.

Let me just say one thing; don't judge yourself by how much money you have or don't have, judge yourself by how you treat others and help out someone in need.

Case in point; I had a neighbor who was a double amputee who lived in an apartment in our neighborhood.  He lived on disability. I would occasionally talk to him and one day when I stopped to talk to him he noticed that I had no jacket and it was chilly out.  He wheeled himself back to his house and next time he saw me he handed me his jacket.  Probably the only one he owned by the looks of it.  His act of compassion was humbling; that was a greater gift than the jacket. He was wealthy in compassion and kindness; far more wealthy than others.

You mention people who are unfit to understand people like you. ???  How about you need to love and respect yourself for who you are; that needs to happen before you find love and respect from others. Just sayin'.

I've been to the top and down to the very bottom. Three times I hit the skids. And I do mean skids. No home. Living under a tarp in the woods, below zero. This time around is a comparative piece of cake.

And even as low as I have been brought down... The help of God, and a little hard work, five years from right now could be totally different. I could easy be well off again.

That's why I put no stock in things. Easy come, easy go. If you'd have told me a decade ago that I'd be divorced, disabled, and poor as a church mouse, I'da laughed in your face.

But here I am. And all the insurance and retirement in the world wouldn't have (didn't) stopped it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 04:02:07 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Last time I donated to RNC was after Rove did his song and dance to illegals. I sent them some Mexican paper money that was basically worthless (don't remember how I got it). I explained why I sent it with a hand written note in the envelope.

The RNC never sent me another request for money.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Think this wench is only now in as a dim/RINO plant for disruption.  $1.7M and zero delegates (winner take all), and in her own state?

Add the fact she couldn't break 40%?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Last time I donated to RNC was after Rove did his song and dance to illegals. I sent them some Mexican paper money that was basically worthless (don't remember how I got it). I explained why I sent it with a hand written note in the envelope.

The RNC never sent me another request for money.

Yeah, I remember that.  Rove came right out and said that the point was import them as cheap labor and hopefully make Republicans out of them somehow.  And then McCain said that they would be doing the "jobs that Americans wouldn't do."

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yeah, I remember that.  Rove came right out and said that the point was import them as cheap labor and hopefully make Republicans out of them somehow.  And then McCain said that they would be doing the "jobs that Americans wouldn't do."

Democrats have been telling us the same thing, even today **nononono* And what were the jobs these desperately needed illegals took? Why the very jobs that our teenagers needed to learn important job skills so they could transition to better jobs! But it was easy as our kids were constantly told that those jobs, like fast food were for losers...or Mexicans, so we ended up with generations of lazy ass American kids with poor to non existent social skills and lots of Mexicans working in our QSR's and other like jobs and the demand from democrats that we HAD to pay them a living wage so they could support their families! Since when was an unskilled job like those ever supposed to support a family 9999hair out0000 Reconquista of America courtesy of democrats and RINO's  9999hair out0000

Offline roamer_1

My father and siblings were born in a town of 500 in Iowa.  Their mother died when they were babies and their father abandoned them.  The town raised them. Neighbors would give them food and clothes.  My father and his brother joined the Navy later and after serving went to college.  Both of them became doctors.  All of the kids did very well and were happy and healthy.  They all had a strong work ethic.

They had nothing yet had everything.  They had wonderful friends, a caring community and a wonderful church family.  Money means nothing, they were beyond wealthy in so many wonderful ways.

That's really true... Or at least can be, in every case. I try and stress that with folks in this materialistic drive for success. The real things in life are free. They cost nothing. And mean the world. Measure up your wealth in friends and family, and you'll find that out.  :beer:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
My father and siblings were born in a town of 500 in Iowa.  Their mother died when they were babies and their father abandoned them.  The town raised them. Neighbors would give them food and clothes.  My father and his brother joined the Navy later and after serving went to college.  Both of them became doctors.  All of the kids did very well and were happy and healthy.  They all had a strong work ethic.

They had nothing yet had everything.  They had wonderful friends, a caring community and a wonderful church family.  Money means nothing, they were beyond wealthy in so many wonderful ways.

Incredible story! Thanks for sharing it.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell