Author Topic: Bill de Blasio’s Shameless Attempt to Rewrite Border History  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bill de Blasio’s Shameless Attempt to Rewrite Border History
« on: February 17, 2024, 04:01:58 pm »
Bill de Blasio’s Shameless Attempt to Rewrite Border History
Commentary
February 7, 2024

By Brian Lonergan

Now that America’s experiment of permissiveness toward illegal immigration has metastasized into an existential crisis for the nation, it seems almost everyone in our ruling class is now claiming to be a longtime proponent of stricter border security. This is, of course, a cynical masquerade to confuse the public and avoid responsibility for their role in creating the problem.

Of all the recent attempts at border hawk reinvention, few are more shameless than that of former New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio. Most residents of the Big Apple who lived through his nightmarish eight-year mayoralty probably hoped de Blasio would be too ashamed to remain in the public eye, and instead live out of the rest of his days in self-imposed exile.

Unfortunately, an unrepentant de Blasio popped up on the grid recently, opining on the border crisis for the unhinged leftist cable news channel MSNBC. It was one of the more outrageous attempts at gaslighting and historical revisionism, even by the standards of our current truth-challenged political environment.

The main cause of our problems with illegal immigration, according to Hizzoner, is that the state of Texas bussed illegal aliens to cities like New York, Chicago and Washington, D.C. 

https://irli.org/bill-de-blasios-shameless-attempt-to-rewrite-border-history/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson