Author Topic: Navy could make climate change courses compulsory  (Read 516 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy could make climate change courses compulsory
« on: February 14, 2024, 11:45:37 am »
Navy could make climate change courses compulsory
FEBRUARY 14, 2024
By Paul Homewood

h/t Philip Bratby

No, it’s not April 1st!

The Royal Navy is considering introducing compulsory climate change courses for all sailors, The Telegraph can reveal.

A leaked briefing paper suggests that all Navy personnel could be forced to attend online training sessions about the impact of climate change on defence.

“While this course is not yet mandated, it does provide a comprehensive overview on the science behind climate change and most importantly its relevance to defence,” the paper reads.

The document, published last autumn, reveals that the Navy’s climate change and sustainability unit is “exploring opportunities” to pay for sailors to study postgraduate courses on global warming.

Environmental scientists could also be given berths on board Britain’s warships to conduct research, the paper says.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/02/14/navy-could-make-climate-change-courses-compulsory/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy could make climate change courses compulsory
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 11:46:43 am »
Shouldn't they also have compulsory classes on the tooth fairy too? :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 01:05:33 pm »
If anything, this gives me shivers that we have that level of naivety at that level for folks who are suppoosed to protect us.  I have a hard time believing they have bought off on the scam.

Think the  Chicom military discusses this or the least bit worried?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 01:20:08 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 01:19:32 pm »
In other news, Britannia no longer rules the waves.

The Royal Navy's Aircraft Carriers Look Worse Than Useless

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/royal-navys-aircraft-carriers-look-worse-useless-209283

British warships lack firepower to attack Houthi land targets

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/01/27/british-warships-lack-firepower-attacks-houthi-red-sea/
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 11:00:38 pm »
Aye, Timber, I was thinking that, too.

How much of a "Royal Navy" is left, any more...?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 11:43:53 pm »
I hope the Navy still offers navigation and bathymetry courses.

US Navy ships in the Western Pacific have a habit of colliding with seamounts and other ships.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright