Author Topic: Now they are coming for your — HAIR?! Wash Post touts ‘recycling human hair…into clothes’ as a ‘clim  (Read 545 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Now they are coming for your — HAIR?! Wash Post touts ‘recycling human hair…into clothes’ as a ‘climate solution’ – ‘Weaving with human hair…keeps hair out of landfills & incinerators, where it would release greenhouse gases’

The Washington Post's 'climate solutions' reporter Nicolás Rivero on Feb 12, 2024: When Zsofia Kollar gets a haircut, she can’t help but think about all the precious material her hairdresser is sweeping into the trash...The United States and Canada throw out 32 tons of hair per day, according to a report from the waste management firm Green Circle Salons. But Kollar says there’s a better use for all those wasted locks: weaving them into clothing. In 2021, she launched a start-up, dubbed the Human Material Loop, to turn hair swept off the floors of salons and barbershops into fabric for clothes, curtains, carpets and furniture. ...

There are two environmental advantages of weaving with human hair, according to Kollar. First, it keeps hair out of landfills and incinerators, where it would release greenhouse gases while rotting or burning. Second, it avoids the consequences of clearing land to grow cotton, drilling oil to make synthetic fibers or shearing wool from sheep, which belch tons of planet-warming methane. ... But all the processing that comes afterward is expensive, especially because Human Material Loop is a start-up producing fabrics in small batches. Right now, Kollar says, her human hair fabric costs more than wool, cotton or polyester. “But once we reach a full-scale production, we can provide a very competitive price,” she said.

#

Marc Morano comment on the Washington Post demanding to fleece our heads: "Maybe if we all shear our heads bald and donate our locks to save the planet, our betters in the climate world will allow us to buy more than three new items per person. After they strip our curls, what will they come for next? Will they demand we give up our human skin next?!"

2019 report on a ‘1.5C World’: ‘Reduce number of clothing’ to ‘3 new clothing items per person per year’ by 2030 ‘to avoid climate breakdown’ – Affiliated with WEF, Michael Bloomberg, Soros, Google, FED EX & IKEA

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/02/12/now-they-are-coming-for-your-hair-wash-post-touts-recycling-human-hair-into-clothes-as-a-climate-solution-weaving-with-human-hair-keeps-hair-out-of-landfills-incinerators-where/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Next they'll be wanting lampshade manufacturers to recycle human skin.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Do I, the producer of said hair, not get paid for my effort a cleaning the earth?   :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Lol, my hair (beard, stash included) is so grey now that when I cut it and it falls to the shop floor, it looks like something a rat would use for nesting material.

Speaking of which, it is about time to cut the Winter foliage off. I am pretty shaggy right now. Maybe in a few days (or weeks).

I looked up some wigs to see what my premium hair should sell for ... lol... 10k for a freaking wig. Plus they can only use it for about a year max.

https://www.danielalain.com/products/grandeur-wig

Think I will specialize in men's beards... gotta be a nitch for that.

Hard to believe they think "hair" is a biohazard.... we just throw ours in the garden compost.

Fun Fact. Michael Jackson's wig sold at auction for 75,000... 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 03:17:54 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Amoral monsters no better than the Nazi's ... the ends justifies the means.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

I have extremely thick hair.

I guess I’m a greater environmental hazard
 :shrug:

Are bald guys better for the planet?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kinda like this?

(bales of human hair cut from gas chamber victims at a Nazi
concentration camp, ready to be sent back to Germany for
industrial usage...)