Author Topic: Trump wants his daughter-in-law Lara in senior position at RNC [updated]  (Read 2105 times)

Offline libertybele

:thud:  It's not just a matter of fundraising.  Is anyone paying attention and considering the issue of election integrity?  Without it he'll lose for sure.

Trump wants his daughter-in-law Lara in senior position at RNC, report says

Donald Trump is reportedly considering supporting his daughter-in-law Lara Trump for co-chair of the Republican National Committee, according to The New York Times.

This comes after reports that current RNC chair Ronna McDaniel is set to leave her post after the South Carolina Republican primary.

The former president is backing Michael Whatley, the chair of the North Carolina Republican Party and a fellow election denier, to replace Ms McDaniel in the top role. Mr Whatley is also the general counsel for the RNC.

The party rules designate that one woman and one man serve as co-chairs of the RNC. Mr Trump has been discussing with aides the possibility of endorsing the wife of his son Eric to serve as one of the co-chairs.

Ms Trump has worked with the committee for years and has built a reputation as a strong fundraiser.

The daughter-in-law would also be trusted by the Trump family, which asserts influence over Mr Trump’s campaign and which follows how resources are used, The New York Times noted. .................

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-wants-his-daughter-in-law-lara-in-senior-position-at-rnc-report-says/ar-BB1ib7Yz?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=9b419e7a454941488fcc73a1aa86214f&ei=33
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 02:09:31 pm by mystery-ak »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Nepotism in action
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

Think she'll be any better than his last choice?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

No. For fundraising I think she'd likely siphon off what Trump needs and not much to the RNC and for those down ballot and no better with election integrity.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Yup.  Mitt put the wrong dog on his car roof..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Ronna Romney McDaniel was Trump's last choice to be RNC Chair.

Trump will drain the RNC treasury to pay for his trials, use control of the RNC to cancel the remainder of the GOP primaries, and assure that he faces no opposition at the GOP Convention Trump's Coronation.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Ronna Romney McDaniel was Trump's last choice to be RNC Chair.

Trump will drain the RNC treasury to pay for his trials, use control of the RNC to cancel the remainder of the GOP primaries, and assure that he faces no opposition at the GOP Convention Trump's Coronation.

If that's not prohibited by law - and I don't know if it is - then I'd bet that's exactly what he does.  Siphon off money for his legal bills that should go to down-ticket candidates.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Lara would drain the RNC treasury dry to pay for Trump's legal bills.  The Republican Party will deserve what it gets if it goes along with this blatant attempt by Trump to take it all over for his use, and his use alone.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

Not surprised that that the same guy who declared bankruptcy 6 times is helping bankrupt the GOP

And people still send money to him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

People who want to see the RNC actually accomplish anything are pushing for Scott Presler named chairman - the guy who has registered thousands of new voters.

https://twitter.com/ScottPresler/status/1756810458646856059
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump wants his daughter-in-law Lara in senior position at RNC [update]
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2024, 02:08:58 pm »
Donald Trump Endorses Michael Whatley for RNC Chair, Lara Trump for Co-Chair

Paul Bois 12 Feb 2024

Former President Donald Trump endorsed Michael Whatley, chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party, to replace Ronna McDaniel as the Republican National Committee (RNC) chair with his daughter-in-law Lara Trump as co-chair.

In a statement shared on Monday, the former president confirmed previous reports that he will be endorsing Michael Whatley, touting his record in North Carolina.

The RNC MUST be a good partner in the Presidential election. It must do the work we expect from the national Party and do it flawlessly. That means helping to ensure fair and transparent elections across the country, getting out the vote everywhere – even in parts of the country where it won’t be easy – and working with my campaign, as the Republican presumptive nominee for President, to win this election and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

For these reasons, I think my friend Michael Whatley should be the RNC’s next leader. Michael has been with me from the beginning, has done a great job in his home state of North Carolina, and is committed to election integrity, which we must have to keep fraud out of our election so it can’t be stolen.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/12/donald-trump-endorses-michael-whatley-for-rnc-chair-lara-trump-for-co-chair/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 02:41:33 pm »
Donald Trump Endorses Michael Whatley for RNC Chair, Lara Trump for Co-Chair

Paul Bois 12 Feb 2024

Former President Donald Trump endorsed Michael Whatley, chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party, to replace Ronna McDaniel as the Republican National Committee (RNC) chair with his daughter-in-law Lara Trump as co-chair.

In a statement shared on Monday, the former president confirmed previous reports that he will be endorsing Michael Whatley, touting his record in North Carolina.

The RNC MUST be a good partner in the Presidential election. It must do the work we expect from the national Party and do it flawlessly. That means helping to ensure fair and transparent elections across the country, getting out the vote everywhere – even in parts of the country where it won’t be easy – and working with my campaign, as the Republican presumptive nominee for President, to win this election and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

For these reasons, I think my friend Michael Whatley should be the RNC’s next leader. Michael has been with me from the beginning, has done a great job in his home state of North Carolina, and is committed to election integrity, which we must have to keep fraud out of our election so it can’t be stolen.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/12/donald-trump-endorses-michael-whatley-for-rnc-chair-lara-trump-for-co-chair/

Whatley would just be a stalking horse for Trump, with Lara becoming the real power there.  I've seen this movie before.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Online Hoodat

Re: Trump wants his daughter-in-law Lara in senior position at RNC [updated]
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2024, 12:10:36 am »
So instead of bringing in someone new to shake things up, they're simply promoting a fellow GOP Establishment type from within the RNC.  Nice job, Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2024, 12:26:15 am »
"Donald Trump is reportedly considering supporting his daughter-in-law Lara Trump for co-chair of the Republican National Committee"

100% nepotistic.  Legal-  ??%

As a paid postion, how is this any different that bidet tactics and Blow Boy being an oil company exec.    Just what are her credentials to squeeze another candidate out of the job?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 12:27:41 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2024, 04:49:28 am »
Has anyone given any thought that this move may result in an disproportional amount of RNC funds being funneled to Trump rather than down ballet?

This stupid move will come back and bite us in the ass.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 12:05:23 pm »
Has anyone given any thought that this move may result in an disproportional amount of RNC funds being funneled to Trump rather than down ballet?

This stupid move will come back and bite us in the ass.

Yes

Barry Goldwater

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 03:49:08 pm »
Whatley would just be a stalking horse for Trump, with Lara becoming the real power there.  I've seen this movie before.

I'm looking forward to the tell-all book penned by Michael Whatley:

Suckers and Losers
How I Survived the Trump Cult

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Well, gee Lara, that's a winning strategy.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Timber Rattler

This is exactly what I find so obnoxious about the Trump people...their "join him and kiss his ring" or else get lost attitude.

Offline LMAO

This is exactly what I find so obnoxious about the Trump people...their "join him and kiss his ring" or else get lost attitude.

Especially when he was supporting and donating to many of the worst of Democrat politicians not that terribly long ago

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

..and this is exactly why he's never going to win the general even IF it were a fair election.  Especially since I still think Joe is going to step down very shortly.  Trump will be up against someone else.

Offline LMAO

This is what many of us fear that will come about with another Trump presidency. What  happens to congressional Republicans who won’t go along with things like his freedom cities or tariffs? What will happen to Republicans that still want to govern with the constitution as their guide? What will happen to Republicans who don’t believe that the government is a tool for retribution against political enemies?
What will happen to any Republican who doesn’t agree to adding another 8 trillion onto the debt? What will happen to any Republican that won’t go along with another months long lockdown?

Lara Trump is telling us what will happen to them
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 02:36:23 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I'm a fan of neither Lara Trump nor her father in law, but that's a misquote/misleading paraphrase.   Coming from the "DNC War Room", that's not surprising.

They make it sound as though she's going to order anyone who doesn't support Trunp to leave the GOP as a party.   But if you find and listen to the actual clip, it seems she's talking just about the RNC, and that she'd "invite" (the word she actually used) to leave anyone on the RNC who doesn't support Trump.

While that isn't great, it isn't all that unreasonable to expect national committee members to support the presidential nominee.

I don't believe she cant force them out, though, because they are elected by individual states.