Author Topic: Biden tells crowd he recently met with Mitterrand, former French president who died in 1996  (Read 811 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

President Biden told a crowd in Las Vegas on Sunday that he recently met with Francois Mitterrand, the French president who has been dead for nearly 30 years.

The comments came while Biden was warning of the dangers of a potential second Trump presidency, as he aimed to shore up enthusiasm ahead of Tuesday’s Democratic primary in Nevada.

Biden recounted a story he has told many times during his presidency, about a meeting he had with French President Emmanuel Macron during a G7 meeting in England, some months after Biden had taken over the White House.

"I sat down and I said, ‘America’s back,’" Biden recalled. "And Mitterrand from Germany – I mean from France – looked at me and said…"

Biden appeared to trail off before collecting his thoughts to finish the sentence: "Well, how long are you back for?"

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-tells-crowd-recently-met-234625101.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

Well, we have seen him attempt to shake hands with people who are not there

« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 01:45:44 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The election campaign montage of Biden senior moments is going to give the Trump stupid/offensive statement montage a real run for its money.

Offline LMAO

The election campaign montage of Biden senior moments is going to give the Trump stupid/offensive statement montage a real run for its money.

Our choices are a choice between the nursing home patient and the psychiatric patient
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Our choices are a choice between the nursing home patient and the psychiatric patient

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

We are living in a real world Cuckoos Nest movie. 

Dr. Jill is Nurse Ratched.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Which is which?
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

We are living in a real world Cuckoos Nest movie. 

Dr. Jill is Nurse Ratched.

And Trump is definitely off his meds.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 05:50:49 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It would be funny except that we are having to live with it **nononono*

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, since ol' white joe seems to have one foot here on Earth and the other in "the world beyond", maybe he really DID get to have a conversation with Mitterand...

Offline LMAO

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

He walks, he talks, he sits, he stands, he eats ice cream, but doesn't have a clue as to who he is, where he is, nor any sense of what day or time it is.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

He walks, he talks, he sits, he stands, he eats ice cream, but doesn't have a clue as to who he is, where he is, nor any sense of what day or time it is.

Or any concept of the living versus the dead

We are so screwed

Barry Goldwater