Author Topic: Detransitioners open up to NY Times about feeling abandoned, harm of 'gender-affirming care:' 'It's  (Read 164 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Detransitioners open up to NY Times about feeling abandoned, harm of 'gender-affirming care:' 'It's a mess'
Story by Gabriel Hays • 12h

Bethany Hamilton on transgender push: Society is losing its grip on physical strength differences

Gender detransitioners and experts say there should be more caution in pushing sex reassignment treatment on young people, according to a New York Times opinion piece Friday.

In addition to offering anecdotes, Times opinion columnist Pamela Paul argued that transgender activists are pushing "ideological extremism" by recommending gender medical operations as the cure-all for young people confused by their own bodies, rather than trying to get to the bottom of their psychology first.

The piece told the story of Grace Powell, a 23-year-old biological woman who is currently destransitioning from the sex change she began years ago.

Powell told the paper that when she was 12 or 13 she "discovered she could be a boy," and at that time came to believe "that the reason she didn’t feel comfortable in her body was that she was in the wrong body. Transitioning seemed like the obvious solution."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/detransitioners-open-up-to-ny-times-about-feeling-abandoned-harm-of-gender-affirming-care-it-s-a-mess/ar-BB1hH8MT?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ea15ebeee41b42c486d9d4a63091028a&ei=15
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson