Author Topic: Trump says NATO will not come to rescue if US attacked  (Read 2645 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Trump says NATO will not come to rescue if US attacked
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2024, 06:50:38 pm »
Trump says NATO will not come to rescue if US attacked

One thing I'll say about Trump -- he never lets actual facts get in the way of his policies.

You would know a fact.... how?
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2024, 07:04:31 pm »

You would know a fact.... how?

The FACTS here are known by 'reading', understanding, and remembering.  And most importantly for you, they are known by a willingness to allow truth to supplant your made-up rhetoric derived by a worship of the Orange.

Nato approves military support for US

Thu 4 Oct 2001  |  11.30 EDT

Nato has approved the United States' eight specific requests for military and logistical support in the war against terrorism, after Washington provided evidence of Osama bin Laden's involvement in the attacks on New York and Washington.

Nato's secretary general, Lord Robertson, confirmed that the 18 Nato allies of the US had agreed to back up earlier promises of military hardware and intelligence support.

The support measures, to be taken "individually and collectively", include the provision of Nato's 17 Awacs early warning aircraft, as well as the deployment, if necessary, of ships from the Alliance Standing Naval Force to the eastern Mediterranean.  .  .  .

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/04/afghanistan.terrorism6
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2024, 08:55:00 pm »
You have to  be an America-hating fool to support Biden and badmouth Trump, so spare the world your self-promoting lies.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2024, 09:06:16 pm »
You have to  be an America-hating fool to support Biden and badmouth Trump, so spare the world your self-promoting lies.

No one in here supports Biden. Many in here don't support Trump; however, it doesn't mean that they'd support Biden nor vote for him.

Trump often backpedals and he's been doing it since his campaign for president for the '16 election and during his presidency. He has a bad habit of opening his mouth and inserting his foot because the information that he is spewing is incorrect. Yes, I get that his supporters go along with whatever he says. Meanwhile there are millions of GOP voters who are disengaged. He's going to need them if he even has a small glimmer of hope of being seated, so he needs to stop his rhetoric and step up his game.

The lack of conservative candidates is disheartening and it is really a shame that Trump smeared the only true conservative in the race.  That in itself is troubling and that is one reason why so many are disengaged.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2024, 09:22:34 pm »
NATO ain't quite yet the UN.... but probable getting there.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2024, 09:31:56 pm »
You have to  be an America-hating fool to support Biden and badmouth Trump

Nowhere did I voice any support of Biden whatsoever.  As for badmouthing Trump, if pointing out provable idiocy of his statement is what you would consider "badmouthing", then guilty as charged.

so spare the world your self-promoting lies.

Self-promoting?  You really are delusional.  As for "lies", I just gave you the proof.  Either you can acknowledge that truth, or you can retreat back into your shelter of hero-worship with your ears, eyes, and mouth completely covered.

Bottom line - NATO did come to our aid when called.  Deny that all you want.  But it is the truth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2024, 09:36:38 pm »
NATO ain't quite yet the UN.... but probable getting there.

NATO is what we chose to make it.  With our embarrassing withdrawal from Afghanistan (and betrayal of our NATO allies) combined with our abject weakness over Ukraine, the European members of NATO are actually improving as an organization.  With the addition of Finland and Sweden and a marked increase in defense spending among its members, and with member states vested financially and militarily with Ukraine's efforts against Russia, NATO has made a substantial improvement in solidifying Europe's defense without ceding everything over to the US.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2024, 10:12:46 pm »

@ChemEngrMBA

Just to make sure I have it straight, is it your opinion that not voting for the GOP nominee against Biden means you're an "America-hating fool"?

Also, exactly what was the "lie", and how was it "self-promoting?"

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2024, 01:40:44 am »
@ChemEngrMBA

Just to make sure I have it straight, is it your opinion that not voting for the GOP nominee against Biden means you're an "America-hating fool"?

Precisely.  If you're so adept at reading and understanding, as you claimed in your self-promotion, why did I have to "make sure (you) have it straight"?

@
Also, exactly what was the "lie", and how was it "self-promoting?"

YOU:  "The FACTS here are known by 'reading', understanding, and remembering.  And most importantly for you, they are known by a willingness to allow truth to supplant your made-up rhetoric derived by a worship of the Orange."

"Reading, understanding, remembering... allow truth"....

All your wisdom culminates with a demented career politician with nothing in his history except lies, pedophilia, a drug-addicted son who is "the smartest person" he knows, and who took millions from foreign governments with "The Big Guy."  They both belong in prison and you defend them.  Sick.  Just sick.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 01:52:21 am by ChemEngrMBA »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2024, 02:07:38 am »
Precisely.  If you're so adept at reading and understanding, as you claimed in your self-promotion, why did I have to "make sure (you) have it straight"?

YOU:  "The FACTS here are known by 'reading', understanding, and remembering.  And most importantly for you, they are known by a willingness to allow truth to supplant your made-up rhetoric derived by a worship of the Orange."

All your wisdom culminates with a demented career politician with nothing in his history except lies, pedophilia, a drug-addicted son who is "the smartest person" he knows, and who took millions from foreign governments with "The Big Guy."  They both belong in prison and you defend them.  Sick.  Just sick.

:thud: :thud: 22222frying pan  **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2024, 02:12:23 am »

For a smart guy, that isn't very smart...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2024, 04:05:25 am »
@ChemEngrMBA

Because I didn't think it possible you forgot that Trump himself said that he wouldn't support a bunch of the other contenders against Biden if one of them won the nomination.  So by the definition to which you just agreed, Trump himself is an "America-hating fool".

No, not me.  I wasn't the one who said that.  So apparently, you really believe your own "made-up rhetoric derived by worship of the orange" rather than the truth, by falsely attributing to me something I didn't say.

Quote ironic, don't you think?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 04:42:31 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2024, 05:15:59 am »
True but I don't see them being able to project power much beyond their borders. Even the big dogs of France, UK and Germany seem about half impotent anymore.

They may send a token force, but it will be up to our military, civilians, and maybe Canada to defend the USA.
NATO was pretty much set up to defend against the Soviet invasion.

I really do not think any country on the Earth (with the possible exception of China) has the sheer volume of humanity to hold back the Russian Horde in conventional warfare, and that because the Chinese simply have more men to use as canon fodder. At some point you run out of attackers or ammo and people to fire it at them. Technology is a force multiplier, and what NATO relies on, but the industrial base of WWII is gone, used for Hollywood sets, or enviro-ed out of existence with the mines flooded or filled in. Even with all the alleged improvements of automation since,  merely getting everything set up and good to go would take prohibitively long--and the more of a hand the government had in it, the less likely plans and specs would be done before the end of the conflict, because the weapons were not there.

China vs Russia, and the Arctic ocean and Pacific would turn pink with blood, but for now, I see the Chinese making inroads industrially, in developing and exploiting resources from elsewhere, and expanding hegemony thus. The Russians not so much, and they would run out of cannon fodder first. Neither has a social structure which prizes individual initiative, which has been the edge Americans have held over more totalitarian cultures, on the battlefield, and in business, but I see that being hammered out of the younger generations, too, and that is one of the paralyzing effects of all the DEI and 'hate crime' crap that will cost someone a job far faster than gross incompetence.

There is much to be done, but it will require a sea change in what media produce, what media is heeded, the absence of censorship, and a complete revamping of the educational system from K through PhD and beyond.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis