Author Topic: Tim Scott to serve as key Trump surrogate amid push for Black voters  (Read 363 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Tim Scott to serve as key Trump surrogate amid push for Black voters
by Cheyanne M. Daniels - 01/28/24 12:00 PM ET

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) is poised to play a key role in former President Trump’s campaign as Trump and the GOP look to boost support among Black voters.

Scott has been a fixture on Trump’s stage since dropping his 2024 bid late last year, spurring speculation he could be Trump’s vice president pick. He also drew scrutiny recently over remarks defending Trump’s policies regarding race.

The South Carolina senator’s public support of Trump comes as Republicans have recently made a concerted effort to appeal to more Black voters, long seen as a core constituency for Democrats.

“He certainly brings a lot to the table,” Brian Seitchik, GOP strategist and Trump campaign alum, told The Hill. “He’s a substantive person. He’s very conservative, with strong ties into the African American community.”

Those ties could be important for Trump as he seeks to broaden his support ahead of what is expected to be a close race in November against President Biden, who has been struggling in polls.

A source familiar with the senator said Scott and Trump “have kept up frequently since the senator left the race in November.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4432206-tim-scott-donald-trump-nikki-haley-south-carolina-black-voters/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Tim Scott to serve as key Trump surrogate amid push for Black voters
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 08:47:16 pm »
IF Scott can connect with Black voters, he may just indeed be a good VP pick.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Tim Scott to serve as key Trump surrogate amid push for Black voters
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 11:43:59 pm »
"Tim Scott to serve as key Trump surrogate amid push for Black voters"

That "endorsement" plus three dollars ought to buy you a medium-sized coffee at Dunkin' ...