Author Topic: Biden will speak at United Auto Workers forum as he woos the blue-collar vote in battleground states  (Read 681 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden will speak at United Auto Workers forum as he woos the blue-collar vote in battleground states

By TOM KRISHER and FATIMA HUSSEIN
Updated 6:14 AM CST, January 24, 2024

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden will be the keynote speaker Wednesday at a United Auto Workers’ political convention as he works to sway blue-collar workers his way in critical auto-making swing states such as Michigan and Wisconsin.

Biden will speak as the union closes out a three-day gathering in Washington to chart its political priorities but leaders kept mum in advance about whether they will use the moment to endorse the Democrat’s bid for a second term — or hold out longer to try to increase the UAW’s leverage.

It will be Biden’s first political event since Tuesday’s primary vote in New Hampshire, where former President Donald Trump cemented his hold on core Republican voters with a victory and Biden scored a write-in win.

Biden frequently bills himself as the most labor-friendly leader in American history, and went so far as to turn up on a picket line with union workers at a GM parts warehouse in the Detroit area during a strike last fall.

more
https://apnews.com/article/biden-auto-workers-endorsement-trump-election-ef4b26cd00fc67c4915f22e54b885866
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

The National Desk
@TND
HAPPENING TODAY: It will be Biden's first political event since Tuesday's primary vote in New Hampshire, where former President Donald Trump cemented his hold on core Republican voters with a victory and Biden scored a write-in win.
Story at The National Desk
9:49 AM · Jan 24, 2024

He'll probably be safe from pro-Hamas protesters there, but who knows? The question is whether he'll tell anyone, "Don't jump! Anyway ..."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Biden will speak mutter, sputter, mumble, shuffle and stumble at United Auto Workers forum as he woos the blue-collar vote in battleground states

There, now it's accurate.

Offline LMAO

Biden will speak mutter, sputter, mumble, shuffle and stumble at United Auto Workers forum as he woos the blue-collar vote in battleground states

There, now it's accurate.

You forgot fill his drawers and get lost on stage
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

BIDEN (mumbling): "I'm a little worried! Some of the major economists in American history are now giving me credit as I go, 'God, what's going on?'"

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1750244499534598632

Offline LMAO

BIDEN (mumbling): "I'm a little worried! Some of the major economists in American history are now giving me credit as I go, 'God, what's going on?'"

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1750244499534598632

Huh???

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rustynail

Joe is looking good. He's tan, rested and ready

Offline mountaineer

He looks like he's been using Trump's makeup artist, just sayin'.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Huh???
Did he say what they were giving him credit for? I bet he didn't hear the part about it being for destroying the economy, and driving Americans into deep credit card debt to survive...and the coming explosion in bankruptcies.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Very Nixonian!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Think old Joe is using the same makeup they use at the funeral home.  happy77
I once worked for a company who manufactured a concealer makeup product. The largest market for the product turned out to be dead people.  Once the company found out how great the sales were they took those accounts away from the salespeople and converted them to "House Accounts". 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
UAW President: ‘A Great Majority’ of Union Workers ‘Will Not Vote’ for Biden

United Auto Workers (UAW) President Shawn Fain says “a great majority” of American union workers in the auto industry “will not vote for” President Joe Biden against presumptive Republican presidential nominee former President Donald Trump.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/25/uaw-president-great-majority-union-workers-will-not-vote-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

I admit I didn't read the article. It seems to me that if the UAW isn't supporting Biden it could be because he is doing his best to destroy the auto industry with this goofy EV car crusade.