Author Topic: Young Audiences Question Climate Alarmism, Prompting Calls To Censor Content  (Read 129 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Young Audiences Question Climate Alarmism, Prompting Calls To Censor Content

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, JAN 18, 2024 - 06:30 AM
Authored by Tom Ozimek via The Epoch Times (emphasis ours),

A recent study has revealed significant skepticism among young audiences regarding climate alarmism, a development that poses a challenge to advocates of urgent climate action but is likely to be welcomed by those who see stoking fear about the supposed ills of global warming as exaggerated.

Swedish teen climate activist Greta Thunberg (C) takes part in protest over climate change, in Hamburg, Germany, on Feb. 21, 2020. (Morris Mac Matzen/AFP/Getty Images)
The study was released on Jan. 16 by the Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), a left-leaning organization that was sued by Elon Musk for allegedly engaging in a “scare campaign” to drive away advertisers.

The study reveals a significant increase between 2018 and 2023 in YouTube content that expresses one of the following three viewpoints: “climate solutions won’t work,” “climate science and the climate movement are unreliable,” or “the impacts of global warming are beneficial or harmless.”

Researchers also found that roughly one-third of teenagers (the predominant YouTube audience) hold views such as “climate policies cause more harm than good” or consider “climate change a hoax to control and oppress people.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/young-audiences-question-climate-alarmism-prompting-calls-censor-content?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2187
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson