Author Topic: New Research Says Doubling CO2 Leads To A ‘Sometimes’ Negative Greenhouse Effect  (Read 493 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Research Says Doubling CO2 Leads To A ‘Sometimes’ Negative Greenhouse Effect
By Kenneth Richard on 15. January 2024

“Negative TOA [top of atmosphere] forcing of CO2 increase also happens outside of Antarctica. The Arctic sometimes exhibits strong negative CO2 forcing. This phenomenon even occurs in the tropics and mid-latitudes…” – Chen et al., 2024
It has previously been reported that as CO2 increases from 380 ppm to 1000 ppm, the CO2 greenhouse effect is negative (-2.9 W/m²) over Antarctica, or that CO2 “increases radiative cooling” there (Schmithüsen et al., 2015).

Also, the CO2 greenhouse effect is as “comparatively weak” (hovering around 0 W/m²) over Greenland as it is over Antarctica, but it is not negative there, as it is “invariably” above 0 W/m² in the Arctic. In other words, there is no such thing as a CO2-enhanced “polar amplification” at locations where it is commonly claimed CO2 is causing catastrophic ice melt.

https://notrickszone.com/2024/01/15/new-research-says-doubling-co2-leads-to-a-sometimes-negative-greenhouse-effect/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Albedo...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

Albedo...

Yup.  Something the alarmist modelers want to ignore, and not just in terms of the findings in the paper cited.  They also ignore the effects of light absorbing impurities (mostly soot from coal burning and forest fires) on ice pack albedo, and the albedo contributions to the urban heat island effect, then misattribute ice melt due to the former and all warming due to aggregate urban heat island effect to greenhouse gasses.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So, is it a good thing to plant more trees, or should we kill them all?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright