Author Topic: Immigration Negotiations in Congress Center on Parole, Asylum Policy A deal on changes to immigratio  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigration Negotiations in Congress Center on Parole, Asylum Policy A deal on changes to immigration policy remained elusive on Tuesday for top U.S. Senate negotiators.
January 14, 2024 by New Hampshire Bulletin Leave a Comment

By: Ariana Figueroa

WASHINGTON – A deal on changes to immigration policy remained elusive on Tuesday for top U.S. Senate negotiators.

Those leading the talks – Sens. James Lankford, Republican of Oklahoma, Chris Murphy, Democrat of Connecticut, and Kyrsten Sinema, independent of Arizona – have worked for weeks to strike a deal between the White House and Senate Republicans on immigration policy changes at the U.S. southern border.

Congress was on a break for the holidays but returned this week.

“Everybody’s still at the table talking, so that’s a good thing,” Lankford said, adding that he’s hoping there can be bill text later this week.

Democratic Senate Leader Chuck Schumer of New York said that negotiations on an immigration deal have made progress.

“We’re going to be persistent,” Schumer said. “We’re closer today to an agreement than we have ever been.”

https://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/immigration-negotiations-in-congress-center-on-parole-asylum-policy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigration Negotiations in Congress Center on Parole, Asylum Policy 

Not so!  They center on the rule of law and the efficacy of the US Constitution, :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson