Author Topic: CRACKDOWN: Mexican Cops Detain 40 Chinese Migrants Heading to U.S. Border  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CRACKDOWN: Mexican Cops Detain 40 Chinese Migrants Heading to U.S. Border
INM MexicoINM Mexico
CARTEL CHRONICLES11 Jan 202425

Mexican authorities detained 40 Chinese migrants who were traveling by bus in southern Mexico on their way north with the goal of reaching the U.S. border. The detention came on the same day that authorities also detained 180 migrants from Central and South America in another location in an apparent crackdown on migrants trying to reach its northern border.

The detention took place earlier this week in the state of Oaxaca, where agents with Mexico’s National Migration Institute (INM) stopped a bus in the town of Tlacolula and found 40 migrants, including a family of 6 who were all from China.

Authorities did not specify if the group had travel permits or how they entered the country but claimed that they took the Chinese migrants into custody at their INM offices.

The detention of the 40 Chinese migrants came on the same day that INM agents and federal authorities detained 182 migrants from Guatemala and Ecuador that had been stuffed into a bus. That incident occurred in the state of Veracruz, along one of the highways connecting with the state of Puebla. There, authorities checked one bus and found 182 migrants, which included unaccompanied children, family units, and single adult men and women.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2024/01/11/mexican-cops-detain-40-chinese-migrants-during-crackdown/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson