Author Topic: Gonzales: Ineligible asylum-seekers ‘gaming’ US immigration system  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Gonzales: Ineligible asylum-seekers ‘gaming’ US immigration system
© Provided by DC News Now
EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – U.S. Rep. Tony Gonzales, R-Texas, says he’s not surprised at reports that nine out of 10 people coming across the border illegally are getting released into the country as soon as they claim asylum.

What worries him is the domino effect such a trend creates in terms of fostering additional migration of people likely ineligible for asylum, and the strain a migrant surge after another puts on border law enforcement agencies and communities.

“The issue that many of us in the House Republican side have, is this massive catch-and-release that is occurring,” Gonzales, whose district includes 800 miles of U.S.-Mexico border, said in a Wednesday teleconference with reporters. “Somebody can enter our country illegally, they can be processed,
and they can immediately be released into the country, and in some cases, they get work visas.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gonzales-ineligible-asylum-seekers-gaming-us-immigration-system/ar-AA1mMc4y?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=6d2fa357dd7b4e5ca4b91771cf8ec87b&ei=38
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Gonzales: Ineligible asylum-seekers ‘gaming’ US immigration system
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 05:21:14 pm »
Immigrants are being taught how to game the system by Mejico and the Biden administration. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Gonzales: Ineligible asylum-seekers ‘gaming’ US immigration system
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 05:38:26 pm »
The Globalist goal is to get as many illegal immigrant bodies across the border so they can later request amnesty for them.

When my wife and I vacationed to French Polynesia, the first question we were asked when we got off the plane was "When is your return flight, and may we please see your return flight tickets?".

Why can't we do this in America?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright