Author Topic: Biden to visit church where Black people were killed to lay out election stakes  (Read 304 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden to visit church where Black people were killed to lay out election stakes

President Joe Biden wants Americans to know what he believes is at stake in this year’s presidential election
By
COLLEEN LONG Associated Press and ZEKE MILLER Associated Press
January 8, 2024, 5:33 AM
WILMINGTON, Del. -- President Joe Biden wants Americans to grasp the extraordinary stakes of this year's presidential election, as he sees them. As part of that effort, he's revisiting some of the nation’s worst traumas to highlight what can happen when hate is allowed to fester.

On Monday, Biden heads to Charleston, South Carolina, to Mother Emanuel AME Church, the site of a 2015 racist massacre in which nine Black churchgoers were shot to death during Bible study. The event comes after a blunt speech by the Democratic president on the eve of the anniversary of the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol, in which he excoriated former President Donald Trump for “glorifying” rather than condemning political violence.

It's a grim way to kick off a presidential campaign, particularly for a man known for his unfailing optimism and belief that American achievements are limitless. But his campaign advisers and aides say it's necessary to lay out the stakes in unequivocal terms, particularly after a few years without the cultural saturation of Trump's words and actions. And it's an effort to set up the contrast they hope will be paramount to voters in 2024.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/biden-visit-church-black-people-killed-lay-election-106187685
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Will anyone point out to Dementia Joe's speechwriter - before he blames Trump for the 2015 shooting - who actually was president at the time?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Will anyone point out to Dementia Joe's speechwriter - before he blames Trump for the 2015 shooting - who actually was president at the time?

Not a chance

His speech writer is relying on Joe Biden‘s short term memory issues
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

South Carolina is the site of several hundred homicides per year.  But sure, let's ignore the macro data, and dwell on this bizarre white-on-black church shooting.  We're just tryin ta help.

Offline LMAO

South Carolina is the site of several hundred homicides per year.  But sure, let's ignore the macro data, and dwell on this bizarre white-on-black church shooting.  We're just tryin ta help.

Democrats rely on a high black turnout in the urban areas to put them over the top. If he starts attacking black on black homicide, he risks turning them off.

Although it doesn’t matter,. They’re gonna come out for him in the 90% range anyways on election day
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Just remember:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org