Author Topic: Social Security Has an Immigration Problem -- and It's Getting Progressively Worse  (Read 223 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Motley Fool
Social Security Has an Immigration Problem -- and It's Getting Progressively Worse
Story by Sean Williams  •
5h

Based on the responses of retirees from more than 20 years of annual surveys from national pollster Gallup, Social Security income is indispensable. Between 80% and 90% of then-current retirees said they lean on their monthly Social Security check to cover at least a portion of their expenses.

Ensuring that the foundation of America's top retirement program remains strong for current and future generations of retired workers is paramount. Unfortunately, this 88-year-old program is exhibiting signs of distress, and immigration issues are one of the core reasons why.

America's top retirement program is facing a long-term funding shortfall of $22.4 trillion
Every year since monthly retired-worker payouts began in 1940, the Social Security Board of Trustees has released a report that examines the program's current balance sheet and forecasts its financial health over the short run (next 10 years) and long term (next 75 years). The trustees take into account a number of factors, including demographics changes, along with shifts in fiscal and monetary policy, when issuing their forecast on Social Security's financial outlook.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/retirement/social-security-has-an-immigration-problem-and-it-s-getting-progressively-worse/ar-AA1mzUG2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=91411f419c6149de875676d9f73e19a7&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Important