Author Topic: Transforming Aerospace and Defense: The AI Revolution  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Transforming Aerospace and Defense: The AI Revolution
« on: January 06, 2024, 03:37:22 pm »
Transforming Aerospace and Defense: The AI Revolution
Part I: Enterprise Systems Managing Military Operations

By Tamir Eshel -Jan 2, 2024337
The aerospace and defense sectors are experiencing a transformative shift, largely driven by integrating artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies into sensors, weapons, and information systems designed for the military. In an environment where precision, rapid decision-making, and robustness are crucial, AI/ML has emerged as a key technology, accelerating situational understanding and decision-making and improving operational efficiency. These techniques make military operations more likely to overcome the ‘fog of war,’ with senses and situational understanding sharpened by AI/ML based on the endless and continuous collection of signals rather than the indications visible to the human eye. The unique requirements of these sectors, such as multi-domain operation, resilience under extreme conditions, high-stakes decision-making, interoperability, and advanced security measures, set the stage for AI to make a significant impact.

Market Drivers and Unique Requirements
Several key factors drive the aerospace and defense sector’s pivot towards AI:

1. Rapid and Accurate Decision-Making: Military operations are decisive in time and space. The ability of AI systems to quickly process and analyze vast amounts of data is crucial for strategic and operational decisions in real time. Tapping information from different sources and domains and rapidly fusing that data provides decision-makers the actional intelligence that can be implemented within short cycles to create the desired effect within the allocated time and space.

https://defense-update.com/20240102_2023-leaders-in-military-ai.html#google_vignette
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 03:38:23 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson