Author Topic: Biden’s First 2024 Campaign Speech Recycles Old Attacks on Trump  (Read 412 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s First 2024 Campaign Speech Recycles Old Attacks on Trump

Joel B. Pollak 5 Jan 2024

President Joe Biden kicked off his reelection campaign on Friday near Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, with recycled attack lines against Donald Trump that he had previously used in the 2020 presidential campaign.

Biden claimed — as if it were a fact — that Trump had called fallen soldiers (Biden called them “dead soldiers”) “suckers” and “losers,” an unsubstantiated accusation by unnamed sources that was refuted at the time by more than a dozen people who went on the record, including some who opposed Trump.

Biden also attacked Trump for considering the use of the Insurrection Act in 2020 — which Biden described as a frightening use of the military on American streets, omitting the fact that Black Lives Matter rioters were rampaging through America’s cities.

Much of the speech was devoted to the third anniversary of the Capitol riot of January 6, 2021; Biden moved his speech a day earlier to avoid bad weather. He made no mention of similar left-wing “insurrections,” such as a left-wing shutdown of the California State Assembly this week — which resulted in no arrests at all, even though legislators had to flee the building.

It was Biden’s first campaign speech of 2024, but he devoted almost no attention to his past achievements, or his plans for a second term, but focused instead on his 2020 and likely 2024 rival, former President Donald Trump, whom he described as a threat to democracy. Biden cited a “word cloud” that had been created by the Daily Mail to describe terms that respondents had associated with Trump, and which Trump re-posted. The words included “revenge” and “dictatorship,” which Biden cited as if Trump had actually said he stood for those things. (The most prominent word in Joe Biden’s own “word cloud” was: “nothing.”)

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/05/bidens-first-2020-campaign-speech-recycles-old-attacks-on-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden’s First 2024 Campaign Speech Recycles Old Attacks on Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 03:42:30 pm »
Although Donald Trump never used the word revenge, he did promise his base he’ll be their retribution

Are voters keen on the idea of a president being a vessel of retribution for their base of support?

Trump also said he would be a “dictator” just for one day. The “flatten the curve” from Covid is a perfect example of once people get power,  they don’t let go of it easily.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 03:47:32 pm »
Biden moved his speech a day earlier to avoid bad weather.
A heavy snowstorm. You know, climate change.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 03:49:30 pm »
A heavy snowstorm. You know, climate change.  :whistle:

We have some of that climate change happening today in my neck of the woods
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 04:20:03 pm »
We have some of that climate change happening today in my neck of the woods
It started here about 40 minutes ago, and is coming down fast and furious. It's on its way to Delaware, Joe and Jill - watch out!!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024, 06:29:53 pm »
George Washington, along with Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and the rest of the Founding Fathers are spinning in their graves that Joe Biden ever was elected president.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2024, 07:00:37 pm »
Great, Joe, you forgave some student debt, but that didn't help me.
Joe, what's the point of Democracy if the needs of the People are being ignored?
Joe, what are you doing to resolve the Border Crisis?
Joe, what are you doing to lower energy prices?
Joe, what are you doing to lower food prices?
Joe, you are doing many things, but none of them help me.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 07:04:13 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 07:09:44 pm »
Omigosh, Joe Biden plagiarized the Babylon Bee. Is Claudine Gay on his speechwriting staff now?