Author Topic: Time for the Military to Provide Some DEI/CRT Answers  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Time for the Military to Provide Some DEI/CRT Answers
« on: January 05, 2024, 04:25:27 pm »
Time for the Military to Provide Some DEI/CRT Answers
By Greg Salsbury
January 05, 2024

With the Pentagon requesting an additional $114m for more “diversity and inclusion activities” – the largest request of this type yet – it would seem to be a good time for greater clarity on how  some of the key categories of diversity are being established. 

The great Thomas Sowell once observed that most of the arguments of the Left fall away by simply asking for definitions – which is why clever Leftists often loathe providing them. In the book that has become the bible for the Critical Race Theory movement, “How to Be an Antiracist,” author Ibram X. Kendi offers the following laughably tautological definition of racism: “Racism is a powerful collection of racist policies that lead to racial inequity and are substantiated by racist ideas.” This is as illuminating as defining a tree as “one of a powerful collection of tree-like objects that have the appearance, composition, and functionality of trees, and are often surrounded by other trees.”

But Kendi is smart enough to know that virtually any objective definition of racism he provides will invariably describe some of the very behavior and actions that he supports for supposedly being “anti-racist,” (punishing some people while elevating others based on nothing more than race) and produce the deserving charges of hypocrisy. Accordingly, he simply refuses to do so, and clings to the ridiculous position of essentially contending that racism is whatever he says it is.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/01/05/time_for_the_military_to_provide_some_deicrt_answers_1002943.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson