Author Topic: Yuma Mayor: Biden Admin. Won’t Activate FEMA to Help on Border Due to Politics  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Yuma Mayor: Biden Admin. Won’t Activate FEMA to Help on Border Due to Politics

IAN HANCHETT4 Jan 202483
1:45
During an interview with CBS News on Thursday, Yuma, AZ Mayor Douglas Nicholls stated that he has repeatedly asked the Biden administration to activate FEMA to help cities along the border, but they won’t for political reasons.

Nicholls said, “[R]eally and truly we’ve needed, and really have asked for deliberately, several times, is FEMA to step in. This is not something cities are geared to handle. We don’t feed people. We don’t house people. Guess who does? FEMA does. They house in emergency situations, they feed in emergency situations. And that’s exactly what we’re facing. So, it’s confusing to me and to most people along the border why the federal government wouldn’t activate FEMA in that role here, along the border.”

He added that activating FEMA has “gotten some discussion when I’m in the room. But I don’t think it gets much discussion when I’m not.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/01/04/yuma-mayor-biden-admin-wont-activate-fema-to-help-on-border-due-to-politics/
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 03:56:59 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson