Author Topic: CNN’s Evidence-Free Claim: So-Called Warmest Year Behind More Bad Weather In 2023  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ANTHONY WATTS ON JAN 4, 2024. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

CNN’s Evidence-Free Claim: So-Called Warmest Year Behind More Bad Weather In 2023

CNN recently ran a story, titled “The year’s most extreme weather shows what a warming planet is capable of, and what’s to come.”

Real-world data shows that CNN’s “climate change is driving severe weather” claim is false.

CNN’s Mary Gilbert writes:

In the hottest year on record, the fingerprints of a changing climate in a warming world were all over dozens of extreme weather events.

There wouldn’t be weather without heat; heat is energy, and weather is an expression of that energy, of an atmosphere trying to balance itself. But too much heat in the system raises the limits of what is possible in weather and pushes it toward the extremes.

So it’s maybe no surprise then that this year’s record heat was a “through line” in many of 2023’s most brutal weather events, Kristina Dahl, climate scientist with the Union of Concerned Scientists, told CNN.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/cnns-evidence-free-claim-so-called-warmest-year-behind-more-bad-weather-in-2023/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson