Author Topic: What are you watching now?...2024  (Read 26413 times)

Online goatprairie

Re: What are you watching now?...2024
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2024, 08:41:57 pm »
Still watching "The Virginian." It's the eight season, and it's obvious the scriptwriters are running out of ideas. Trampas is threatened with being lynched for the second time. He was about to be lynched in an episode during one of the early seasons, but wasn't.  Yeah, stunning I know.
I'm waiting around for the quicksand episode where everybody at Shiloh ranch is threatened by quicksand which is everywhere out West according to how many Western episodes feature the hero(es) threatened with being sucked down by the stuff.  :tongue2:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2024, 01:00:52 pm »
Just watched THE JUDGE, with Robert Downey, Jr., and Robert Duvall

Amazingly stunning performances...both of them! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBvK6ni97W8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TA5Y86yAo4

We also watched that and thought it was very good.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2024, 01:09:16 pm »
We also watched that and thought it was very good.

Saw it too, and suprised it didn't gather any award buzz back 10 years ago.  Then I realized of the 3 great stars,   Duval, RDJ, and BB Thorton....   none are flaming liberals.

Plus the overriding theme of the movie wasn't left pandering either.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 01:10:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2024, 01:23:34 pm »
I was pleasantly surprised to see that "Monk" is now on Netflix.

Really liked that show when it was first run.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2024, 08:54:19 pm »
To get away from the sickening political environment I tuned in to watch THE ACCOUNTANT for the 3rd time.

Enjoyed it even more than the first two times

Have to put it on my TOP 10 list for sure!! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2024, 09:52:00 pm »
Tonight:
"Jacob", 1994 film about the Biblical character.

10 films in all:
https://archive.org/details/the-bible-series
Watch online free or download 1080p version (also free)

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2024, 12:40:07 am »
We are finally watching “Band of Brothers” (the series).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 12:43:57 am by deb »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2024, 05:09:03 pm »
If you enjoy a good comedy -- "A Million Ways to Die in the West"-- hubby had it on the other night and I watched bits and pieces -- pretty hilarious!  Cast; Liam Neeson, Charlize Theron, Neil Harris, Jamie Foxx.....
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2024, 05:30:04 pm »
There seems to be about 100 ghost or 'paranormal' shows on TV today. To me, they are all the same. First, everyone is always in darkness even during a simple interview. Then they go out, again in the dark (everything is always in the dark) then weird stuff starts happening. Or ... they start with all the jump-scare stuff.

Just with the sheer number of these kinds of shows, it seems unlikely to me anyway that enough ghosts exist to fulfill the demand. If someone were addicted to these shows and believe they are real, then they must believe that there are thousands of ghosts/aliens/bigfoots everywhere. Most of the stuff I have seen can be easily explained away or it is staged.

This is a TV show, get it? With no 'activity' as they call it, there is no TV show. But, as long as there are people who enjoy that stuff then more power to them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2024, 06:32:53 pm »
There seems to be about 100 ghost or 'paranormal' shows on TV today. To me, they are all the same. First, everyone is always in darkness even during a simple interview. Then they go out, again in the dark (everything is always in the dark) then weird stuff starts happening. Or ... they start with all the jump-scare stuff.

Just with the sheer number of these kinds of shows, it seems unlikely to me anyway that enough ghosts exist to fulfill the demand. If someone were addicted to these shows and believe they are real, then they must believe that there are thousands of ghosts/aliens/bigfoots everywhere. Most of the stuff I have seen can be easily explained away or it is staged.

This is a TV show, get it? With no 'activity' as they call it, there is no TV show. But, as long as there are people who enjoy that stuff then more power to them.
You know the phrase....there's a sucker born every minute. Just like the Bigfoot shows where they never seem to find Bigfoot. But just you wait....next episode they're sure to find him.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2024, 07:27:29 pm »

Agree.  99.99% hokum.  This clip from Gettysburg almost 20 years ago, is about the only one I've ever seen that makes you go hmmmmm.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xlyofmznOs
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 07:28:39 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2024, 10:14:22 pm »
This weekend:
"Jeremiah", 1998 film about the Biblical prophet.

One of the collection of 10 films (most or all 1080p) to be found here:
https://archive.org/details/the-bible-series
Watch online free or download 1080p version (also free)

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2024, 04:39:34 am »
Watched a rather creepy horror/psychological thriller last night, "Nefarious (2023)", starring Sean Patrick Flanery and Jordan Belfi. A psychiatrist (Belfi) is called to death row to interview a killer (Flanery) slated for execution, to determine if he is mentally competent or not. The killer claims to be possessed by a demon, which forced him to commit his crimes. Flanery puts in a great performance as the possibly possessed, possibly just manipulative killer.

It's available for free on Amazon Prime, if you have a subscription to Prime.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 04:40:47 am by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2024, 04:56:21 am »
My brother highly recommended YOUR HONOR...a 2 season drama starring Bryan Cranston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUkZfD3PsT4

IMO...moves too slow.  I've been addicted to action...not this simmering bullsh*t!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2024, 12:05:44 pm »
Watched a rather creepy horror/psychological thriller last night, "Nefarious (2023)", starring Sean Patrick Flanery and Jordan Belfi. A psychiatrist (Belfi) is called to death row to interview a killer (Flanery) slated for execution, to determine if he is mentally competent or not. The killer claims to be possessed by a demon, which forced him to commit his crimes. Flanery puts in a great performance as the possibly possessed, possibly just manipulative killer.

It's available for free on Amazon Prime, if you have a subscription to Prime.

We saw “Nefarious” in the movie theater when it was first released. I think it’s a very good movie. Flanery SHOULD HAVE been nominated for an Oscar.
It’s based on the book “A Nefarious Plot” by Steve Deace. I’m a big Deace fan.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2024, 11:56:29 pm »
We saw “Nefarious” in the movie theater when it was first released. I think it’s a very good movie. Flanery SHOULD HAVE been nominated for an Oscar.
It’s based on the book “A Nefarious Plot” by Steve Deace. I’m a big Deace fan.

I heard it was good, but by the time I did it had already passed out of theaters, so I'm glad I got to see it on streaming.  Interesting that it was based on a book of that name, given the end of the movie (no spoilers).  :laugh:
Let it burn.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2024, 01:36:38 am »
The wife and I are now watching a Brit series called "The Fall" about a serial killer in Belfast being investigated by Gillian Anderson who plays a policewoman in charge of finding him. The killer is revealed early on in the series.
This is a profoundly IRRITATING!!!! series that, unfortunately, my wife likes.
Too talky and full of moments that don't lend anything to the search for the murderer. Plus, Anderson's character is extra horny and jumps in the sack with a number of fellow police officers. But, of course, she has to have something for a woman too.
Maybe the most irritating thing (and virtually irrelevant to the story) was a scene where the cops were taking a break eating lunch, Chinese food. What was irritating about the scene? The Irish cops were all using chop sticks to eat the food.
Every damn time there's a scene in a movie of characters, westerners not Asians, eating Chinese food, they use chop sticks instead of knives and forks like regular people would do.
I've eaten in a number of Chinese restaurants over my years, and I've yet to see anybody eat with chopsticks.
Stop it!!!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2024, 02:09:14 am »
The wife and I are now watching a Brit series called "The Fall" about a serial killer in Belfast being investigated by Gillian Anderson who plays a policewoman in charge of finding him. The killer is revealed early on in the series.

I watched a few episodes before giving up on it.  I suspect your spouse will do the same.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2024, 05:54:53 am »
Watching Cutthroat Kitchen on HULU. I love it personally, but it is a very specific kind of show.
Doubt everyone will enjoy it like I do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #119 on: Today at 03:47:37 am »
Gefn wrote:
"If you want a really good film on the nuclear bomb, watch "Threads" I saw it on You Tube and the ending gave me nightmares for a week."

Yes, I've seen that one. Very good.

For the past year (maybe closer to two), I've made a "project" for myself to collect and watch nearly the entire genre of disaster/apocalypse films, as many as I could find (most "zombie" films not included).

Here's the list of those I collected so far.
An * indicates that it was "better".
An - indicates... not so much.

The Road
Threads
No Blade of Grass
Deluge (1933)
I am Legend (2007 version with alternate ending)
World Without End (1956)
The Stand (1994)
Miracle Mile (1988)
The Last Man On Earth (1964)
Outbreak (1995)
A Boy And His Dog (1974)
The Omega Man (1971)
Doomsday (2008)
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Children of Men (2006)*
Equilibrium (2002)
The Postman (1997)
Reign of Fire (2002)*
The Quiet Earth (1985)
Carriers (2009)
City of Ember (2008)*
Knowing (2009)
10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
Diverge (2016)
Mad Max (1979)
The Road Warrior (1981)
Mad Max 3 Beyond Thunderdome (1985)
The Book of Eli (2010)
The Last Survivors (2014)
Goodbye, World (2013)
Into the Forest (2015)
Songbird (2020)
Testament (1983)
Oblivion (2013)
The Maze Runner (2014)
Maze Runner II & III
Greenland (2020)*
Perfect Sense (2011)*
The Rover (2014)
Z for Zacharia (2015)
The Survivalist (2015)
Vanishing on 7th Street (2010)
Bokeh (2017)
Logan's Run (1976)
Blindness (2008)*
Silent Running (1972)
Snowpiercer (2013)
What Still Remains (2018)
Right At Your Door (2006)
It Comes At Night (2017)
12 Monkeys
I Think We're Alone Now (2018)
The Matrix (1999)
Waterworld (1995)
Five (1951)
This Is Not A Test (1962)
Terminator: Salvation (2009)*
Escape from L.A. (1996)
Take Shelter (2011)
These Final Hours (Australian, 2013)
How I Live Now (2013)
The Last Boy (2019)***
Legion (2010)
Seeking a Friend For The End of The World (2012)
Parts Per Billion (2014) -
The Day The Earth Caught Fire (1961)*
Where Have All The People Gone? (1974)
Finch (2021)
Colossus The Forbin Project (1970)
Deep Impact (1998)
Damnation Alley (1977) --
Def-Con 4 (1985)
Gravity (2013)
Phase IV (1974)
Elysium (2013) *
The Rapture (1991)
2012 (2009)
Armageddon (1998)
The Impossible (2012)***
Glen and Randa (1971)
The Day After Tomorrow (2004)

One that I would HIGHLY recommend is "The Last Boy".
VERY interesting film.
Try "On the Beach" and "The Last Ship" (series), and The Andromeda Strain (near apocalypse),
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #120 on: Today at 03:48:49 am »
I have been watching NYPD Blue. Lots of quick pans on the Twin Towers...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis