Author Topic: Remember China's Spy Balloon? Biden Admin Tried to 'Hide' It From Public, Report Reveals  (Read 480 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Remember China's Spy Balloon? Biden Admin Tried to 'Hide' It From Public, Report Reveals

By Richard Moorhead, Western Journal
 December 26, 2023 at 9:28am
A report could implicate the Biden administration in a decision to cover up a Chinese surveillance balloon’s flight over the continental United States in January.

Multiple current and former administration officials say the Biden administration hoped to maintain secrecy regarding the spy craft — even from Congress.

The federal government planned on keeping mum about the balloon, even while it actively analyzed it for security threats.

“Before it was spotted publicly, there was the intention to study it and let it pass over and not ever tell anyone about it,” one U.S. official who was “briefed on the balloon incident” told NBC News.

https://ijr.com/remember-chinas-spy-balloon-biden-admin-tried-hide-public-report-reveals/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 02:34:42 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Michael Sobolik
@michaelsobolik
On 9/17, Gen. Milley insisted the spy balloon didn’t collect any intel.

Biden admin officials have said the same.

Now, nearly a year after the incident, NBC learns that the balloon used a U.S. telecom network to “send burst transmissions, or high-bandwidth collections of data over short periods of time.”

This sentence is devastating: “The previously unreported U.S. effort to monitor the balloon's communications could be one reason Biden administration officials have insisted that they got more intelligence out of the device than it got as it flew over the U.S.”
 https://nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna131150
9:16 AM · Dec 29, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Michael Sobolik
@michaelsobolik
On 9/17, Gen. Milley insisted the spy balloon didn’t collect any intel.

Biden admin officials have said the same.

Now, nearly a year after the incident, NBC learns that the balloon used a U.S. telecom network to “send burst transmissions, or high-bandwidth collections of data over short periods of time.”

This sentence is devastating: “The previously unreported U.S. effort to monitor the balloon's communications could be one reason Biden administration officials have insisted that they got more intelligence out of the device than it got as it flew over the U.S.”
 https://nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna131150
9:16 AM · Dec 29, 2023
"Can you hear me now?"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis