Author Topic: Biden admin wants to give climate resilient wolverines ESA protections  (Read 530 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden admin wants to give climate resilient wolverines ESA protections
December 19th, 2023

“Basing this determination on climate modeling and projections that have been consistently inaccurate over decades does not meet the standard of “likely” or even probable at this stage. The North American population of wolverines shares genetic roots with the first wolverines that crossed the Bering Strait— wolverines have demonstrated remarkable resilience, surviving and adapting to various climate fluctuations, including the ice age and other periods of extreme climate change. This longstanding presence in North America underscores the wolverine’s ability to endure and adapt. It is wrong to base an ESA determination on unreliable climate predictions for any species, but especially for one that has proven to be so climate resilient.” — Letter from Senator Steve Daines & Rep. Zinke and Rosendale

In Episode 399 of District of Conservation, Gabriella discusses her recent ALEC Summit speech on natural asset companies, fishing in Arizona’s Salt River, previews CSF NASC podcast interviews, and discusses the USFWS’s proposed rule to list the Lower-48 wolverine on the Endangered Species Act with threatened protections on climate change, not population, grounds. Tune in to learn more.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/12/19/biden-admin-wants-to-give-climate-resilient-wolverines-esa-protections/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 11:37:07 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Re: Biden admin wants to give climate resilient wolverines ESA protections
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 02:52:37 pm »
With regard to "natural asset companies":  Is anyone aware of this proposed rule by the SEC?! They are flying under the radar while trying to sell off federal lands, water and even air to so-called “Natural Asset Companies” (NACs) on the condition that they would preclude virtually any productive use of such resources. Private land owners may also be impacted.

https://twitter.com/KLVeritas/status/1740268681899266519
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Biden admin wants to give climate resilient wolverines ESA protections
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 04:00:36 pm »

Got a thought.....   Let's round up about a 100 wolverines,  trap them in the White House, and then watch the fun......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.